Lt. Commander
# 21
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
First, the whole die on a ground mission and go back the the beginning has been there long before season 5.

Second, I remember very loud demands from the pro-DP crowd way back that having lots of respawn points was a bad thing and had to be changed for the good of the game (in their opinion).

So, who does Cryptic cater to? The people who demand less respawn points as an incentive to avoid death or the person who complains there are not more respawn points on a given map to lessen the implications of their own in-game death?

To me it seems like a crap deal for Cryptic. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Second, I remember very loud demands from the pro-DP crowd way back that having lots of respawn points was a bad thing and had to be changed for the good of the game (in their opinion).
I guess they left, since no one has said that in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I guess they left, since no one has said that in this thread.
Some left, some stayed, and some I see pop in the forums for a few posts and then disappear for months again. Perhaps if this thread was done a year ago or a month from now we might see a response from one or more of them.. Or not. Who knows what other people do?

All I remember was the very loud complaints (for months and months and months) that punishments were needed and having lots of respawn points was lame did not give anyone any incentive to avoid death.

Again, Cryptic can not please the "more respawn points" crowd and the "less respawn points" crowd both. So does Cryptic implement the "demand of the day" only to change it again when the people who are doing the demanding change and opposite demands are made? How frequently should they implement and reverse game mechanic changes to accommodate opposite but equally vociferous customer demands?

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Some left, some stayed, and some I see pop in the forums for a few posts and then disappear for months again. Perhaps if this thread was done a year ago or a month from now we might see a response from one or more of them.. Or not. Who knows what other people do?

All I remember was the very loud complaints (for months and months and months) that punishments were needed and having lots of respawn points was lame did not give anyone any incentive to avoid death.

Again, Cryptic can not please the "more respawn points" crowd and the "less respawn points" crowd both. So does Cryptic implement the "demand of the day" only to change it again when the people who are doing the demanding change and opposite demands are made? How frequently should they implement and reverse game mechanic changes to accommodate opposite but equally vociferous customer demands?

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Its pretty simple: you cant please everyone, so you please the most people you can. If most people would like more spawn points(as the lack of one person saying otherwise in this thread would suggest) then you do what pleases most people. Pleasing most of your customers > pleasing only a few.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
very loud demands from the pro-DP crowd
There's a pro-DP crowd? I must have less members than the "PvP anytime, anywhere" crowd.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Its pretty simple: you cant please everyone, so you please the most people you can. If most people would like more spawn points(as the lack of one person saying otherwise in this thread would suggest) then you do what pleases most people. Pleasing most of your customers > pleasing only a few.
So what happens a week or a month or a year from now if a bunch of people come in and demand the opposite? Does Cryptic change the game yet again because this "current majority" wants everything the opposite and the "old majority" does not speak up for whatever reason? How many posts or threads constitutes a "current majority" among the community? How frequently do you determine the desires of a given "majority"? Weekly? Monthly?
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
There's a pro-DP crowd? I must have less members than the "PvP anytime, anywhere" crowd.
Yep. See the links below if you want to see some of the fun discussions:

***What Kind of Death Penalty Do You Want?***

POLL: (40%) Death Penalty vs (60%) Status Quo

To Die Or Not To Die (Video Proof Why A Death Penalty Is Needed)

Also see (though it was possible to vote as many times as you wanted so the results may not be the most accurate):

What kind of death penalty would you prefer for Star Trek Online?

Lt. Commander
# 28
12-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKeith2011
I've reported this very thing literally hundreds of times over the last 2 years on 2 separate accounts. I've never even gotten a reply acknowledging the problem.

Come to think of it, that is about typical of my experiences with STO QA.
They never send out acknowledgements on bug reports that I'm aware of. I don't know why you've been expecting any reply on them.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
So what happens a week or a month or a year from now if a bunch of people come in and demand the opposite?
First of all, that isnt going to happen. However to a hypothetical person who wants to start back at the begining of a map when they die my suggestion would be if they die they can simply abort the mission and then start over. That way they get what they hypothetically want, and people who dont want that will be able to spawn closer to where they died. Win/win.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Please file bug reports when you find star cluster maps that have problems, and it would be preferable if you were on the map in question when you file the report.

The star clusters were generated in such a way that makes any fixes to an exploration mission a little more tricky than "load up the map and drop a new respawn point." However, we do get bug reports from QA and attempt to fix as many errors on them as we can.

Thanks.
OMG bug reports fix nothing!!! Seriously people have filed MANY bug reports and the only ones that get any attention are the one's that people make because they're too much of a ***** to handle curse words in zone chat lol.

Oh ffs ***** get's censored?