Lt. Commander
# 11
12-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Well just so you know some of their music is recycled from CoH. Specifically the musings in the bars. Same music that was in Pocket D.
If that's the case - ugh! It's no wonder it sounds so out of place. Though the bar music is ok since it suits that location, but the other music, no.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm seriously laughing my ****ing *** off at this thread. If this is the most problematic of your concerns, get a new ****ing concern. Music? Are you ****ing serious? What about the other bugs that barely make the game playable?
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Most of the battle music is okay except for that one with the klingon opera in it. It sounds so out of place and it seems to be the most common one too.

But the exploration music really needs to be changed. It's not atmospheric enough and sounds more like battle music. It's as if the composer designed it without having a feel for what the gameplay is like so he took a guess.

They could also add more music cues from Star Trek without using the whole piece to give STO's music more of an ST feeling, like the battle music from ST Legacy which used cues from Wrath of Khan.

I wish they could hire Ron Jones to compose the music but that would probably go over budget.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter83 View Post
Most of the battle music is okay except for that one with the klingon opera in it. It sounds so out of place and it seems to be the most common one too.

But the exploration music really needs to be changed. It's not atmospheric enough and sounds more like battle music. It's as if the composer designed it without having a feel for what the gameplay is like so he took a guess.

They could also add more music cues from Star Trek without using the whole piece to give STO's music more of an ST feeling, like the battle music from ST Legacy which used cues from Wrath of Khan.

I wish they could hire Ron Jones to compose the music but that would probably go over budget.
Exactly!!

And to enterprise1701 - we are all aware of the various issues and bugs in the game and your swearing does nothing, you could've skipped this post. The OP is just to remind Cryptic that it would be nice for them to consider some changes/additions to STO music.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I just bypass the music, and listen to real sci-fi music. The BSG soundtrack from seasons 1-4, by Bear McCreary/Richard Gibbs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-02-2011, 10:52 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
I'm trying to get banned before I leave. Something I've always wanted. Have fun!
*eyeroll* i see, how mature....