Lt. Commander
Perhaps I missed the notice. I am currently unable to get into "Create Content". I assume access has been shutdown while the DEV's fix things. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Brian
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Check the following post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...8&postcount=17

Should be re enabled early next week, or so the post says.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 11:20 AM
We are restricting access to Create Content based on what happened in Season 4. This time, we're doing it more cautiously. Please play your projects; they should all look right. After the weekend, assuming nothing additional is found, we'll openi up The Foundry for editing.

The biggest issue we had with Season 4 was that a lot authors were saving their projects while there was a major data loss issue. This made figuring out what was wrong with those projects extremely difficult and recovering the data even more so, because people were saving bad, corrupted data over the good data.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinder View Post
We are restricting access to Create Content based on what happened in Season 4. This time, we're doing it more cautiously. Please play your projects; they should all look right. After the weekend, assuming nothing additional is found, we'll openi up The Foundry for editing.

The biggest issue we had with Season 4 was that a lot authors were saving their projects while there was a major data loss issue. This made figuring out what was wrong with those projects extremely difficult and recovering the data even more so, because people were saving bad, corrupted data over the good data.
No worries. I suspected it was something along those lines. Lessons learned are a good thing to take into account. Sure it's a little disappointing to not be able to work on my missions but I'm a big boy and will get over it. I retired from the U.S. Navy after 24 years and patience was a requirement there. Besides it will be a chance take a little break from evaluating other authorís missions and play around with the new Season 5 features. By the way I really like a lot of the new graphics and features in Season 5 that I've gotten to play with.

Thanks for letting me and others know what's up and what to expect. Sometimes I think some folks forget how much work goes into a game, let alone an online one. So thanks for all the work done by you folks at Cryptic.
Thanks again
Brian
Lt. Commander
It looks like I might be one of the first victims of this lockout. The third mission in my Deadly Intentions series is now broken (one of the items with which players must interact has suddenly disappeared). As such, the mission can no longer be completed! I am supremely frustrated by my inability to fix this problem, or even withdraw the mission until it can be fixed (in my experience, people are pretty unforgiving of these problems and tend to blame the author in their reviews). If a Cryptic dev is reading this, could you please withdraw Deadly Intentions - Part 3 until the Foundry is reopened? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
It looks like I might be one of the first victims of this lockout. The third mission in my Deadly Intentions series is now broken (one of the items with which players must interact has suddenly disappeared). As such, the mission can no longer be completed! I am supremely frustrated by my inability to fix this problem, or even withdraw the mission until it can be fixed (in my experience, people are pretty unforgiving of these problems and tend to blame the author in their reviews). If a Cryptic dev is reading this, could you please withdraw Deadly Intentions - Part 3 until the Foundry is reopened? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear that. I hope they read your post and withdraw your mission for you. I'm looking forward to playing it whenever you say it's ready to go.

Brian
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks, Brian. I've actually added a lot of content/improvements since the last time you played the series. On the bright side, the first two missions seem to have weathered the transition just fine. I'd love to get your thoughts on the changes when you're not busy reviewing other missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Do you know the shortcode for this mission? It's the code that looks like ST-HELPMEIMTRAPPEDINASHORTCODE. This could be done if you can get me the shortcode. This would also let us make sure that object comes back in an upcoming patch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Thanks, Brian. I've actually added a lot of content/improvements since the last time you played the series. On the bright side, the first two missions seem to have weathered the transition just fine. I'd love to get your thoughts on the changes when you're not busy reviewing other missions.
Now that everything is back up and running I will take a look over the next few nights.

Brian