Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
11-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebinu View Post
if you think that is not logical than wait until you find out that the borg are in the wrong quadrant
They're not in the wrong quadrant, they've INVADED the Alpha Quadrant, as they did at least a half dozen times between TNG and Voyager. This time they've used something higher than their old average of one ship per invasion, so getting rid of them was a different matter, and they've pretty much set up shop in Gamma Orionis now.

Since you like maps, here's one: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...rp_network.jpg

The Borg have transwarp apertures throughout all four quadrants, giving them at-will access to most of the galaxy. They proved way back in TNG that they can strike pretty much anywhere they want at will. More disturbingly, they have transwarp hubs, like the one Voyager destroyed, in both the Alpha and Beta quadrants, and none of the local powers know where they are.

Just to up the scary factor even more: They have six hubs, and their own map of this galaxy only shows four - suggesting that two may be somewhere else entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes01101 View Post
Suspension of DISbelief. Also, WILLING suspension of disbelief. I suspend my belief every day I play STO. I never suspend my DISbelief. Why would the klingons and federation go to war against each other again? That's ridiculous. That very fundamental tenant of STO is just damn wrong, there was too much intergration, they were staunch, staunch STAUNCH allies at the end of show/movie canon. To the point of having almost integrated navies during the dominion war. So yeah. There it is. I said it.
I'm inclined to believe that the Undine infiltration of the Federation and Klingon Empires (J'm'pok may have gotten rid of most of them, but I suspect there are still a few elements that have "gone rouge") gave them the opportunity over several decades to undermine and weaken the alliance between the two powers. I am also inclined to believe that the Iconians have had a hand in setting the two at each other's throats. Something about "Divide and conqure"?

Also, one has to consider that the House of Duras was pro-Romulan, and strongly anti-Federation, even the Duras Sisters. Since that resurgent house is in favor and highly supportive of J'M'Pok, it would not surprise me that they would wisper suggestions of breaking with their long time allies. If yesterday's enemies are today's allies, today's allies can easily become tomorrow's enemies. That has been true throught history.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I wonder if where the Borg are invading also have something to do with unique or reptilian species. We've seen from STOked that the subject of the Borg assimilating Gorn may come up in the near future.
The Borg initially appeared in the Gamma Orionis block, which is in close proximity to Gorn space.
And then Orellius, near Breen Space.
The Gorn and Deferi would be rather unique because they are reptilian, rather than mammalian.
Obviously, the Breen have a unique physiology.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-03-2011, 11:00 AM
One reason why the borg would try to assimilate the deferi is because of the preserver technology to spread their genetic code to spread life on other planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
the Breen have a unique physiology.
in the non canon "Star trek: Typhon Pact" novel the breen is said to be made up of four or more different speices such as:

The Amoniri, whose bodies have no blood and which require refrigeration in their suits to survive
The Fenrisal, whose pronounced snouts give shape to the traditional Breen helmet
The Paclu, who have four-lobed brains that can't be read by most telepathic species
The Silwaan, whose appearance is most humanlike of the four Breen subspecies
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom_Paris
in the non canon "Star trek: Typhon Pact" novel the breen is said to be made up of four or more different speices such as:

The Amoniri, whose bodies have no blood and which require refrigeration in their suits to survive
The Fenrisal, whose pronounced snouts give shape to the traditional Breen helmet
The Paclu, who have four-lobed brains that can't be read by most telepathic species
The Silwaan, whose appearance is most humanlike of the four Breen subspecies
I would prefer that the Breen remain an enigma. WHile some such as Kira and Dukat might have seen their actual forms, I prefer that we NEVER actually see an assimilated Breen outside of its suit. I am all for seeing assimilated Breen ships, however. That might make for an interesting STF!