Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
The only thing that really pressed my team to give up on the infected ground elite was time. The second deciding factor was that Critical regenerators are not for sale from any regular merchant, and on the exchange they go for 250,000 EC minumum. Walking into the boss room typically results in getting caught in a cone crossfire, and with injuries it's a one shot wipe for most of the team. An engineer or medic might survive the first hit.

We haven't done the Cure or KA elites yet, but so far I've seen one person get some rare borg salvage by running the Infected Space STF on normal, and apparently they only dropped because they completed the optional objective. From what I can tell, the M.A.C.O. set will be very useful for surviving elite, with the shield buff two pieces give. So I'm fairly certain Cryptic is looking at it as a progression scenario. Your mark XI gear will not actually be as good as the Mark X M.A.C.O.

From what I can tell, the elite ground isn't as large in its disparity as the space missions, from what the STFs used to be. Drones do hit harder and live longer, but over all it didn't feel like we had no chance to win, until Critical injuries added up to the point where we just couldn't survive the opening salvo against the tactical drones in the boss fight.

If we could get a shop to buy critical components for ships, and critical regenerators for ground, it wouldn't be nearly as debilitating, but would still require investing in resources and carrying them into the fight.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorall_Loskannen
The only thing that really pressed my team to give up on the infected ground elite was time. The second deciding factor was that Critical regenerators are not for sale from any regular merchant, and on the exchange they go for 250,000 EC minumum. Walking into the boss room typically results in getting caught in a cone crossfire, and with injuries it's a one shot wipe for most of the team. An engineer or medic might survive the first hit.

We haven't done the Cure or KA elites yet, but so far I've seen one person get some rare borg salvage by running the Infected Space STF on normal, and apparently they only dropped because they completed the optional objective. From what I can tell, the M.A.C.O. set will be very useful for surviving elite, with the shield buff two pieces give. So I'm fairly certain Cryptic is looking at it as a progression scenario. Your mark XI gear will not actually be as good as the Mark X M.A.C.O.

From what I can tell, the elite ground isn't as large in its disparity as the space missions, from what the STFs used to be. Drones do hit harder and live longer, but over all it didn't feel like we had no chance to win, until Critical injuries added up to the point where we just couldn't survive the opening salvo against the tactical drones in the boss fight.

If we could get a shop to buy critical components for ships, and critical regenerators for ground, it wouldn't be nearly as debilitating, but would still require investing in resources and carrying them into the fight.
my current mk XI stuff is better than the X and on equal with the XI ground m.a.c.o junk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-04-2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
my current mk XI stuff is better than the X and on equal with the XI ground m.a.c.o junk.
Same here. My gear is on par with the Mk XI gear. I wouldn't mind if it was new additions to missions, but all they've done is make the borg cheap one shotters. Infected used to be the easiest, but since the update i haven't been able to beat the last room, even on normal. Too many poeple get too many injuries so our efforts are pretty much wasted. Space missions on Elite, and KA Ground on elite i've done fine, but for some reason it's just that one last fight in the Infected where i'm being hit from clear across the room by multiple borg, and for what? two chips.... maybe another 2 of a different kind if i'm lucky. Still no sign of prototype gear which is really the only reason i've been playing on elite.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14 excuse me?
12-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Myrianne

Originally Posted by monkeydude1969
Whinefest


well obviously I forgot to bow down to your `awesome PvE Skillz`

Looking at the forums I am not the only one who feels that the new `Easy` mode is a joke and that ALL the STFs need altering. The `rewards` for completing them are a bad joke and If you need to run them countless times just to get gear that will allow you to run them then they are pointless.

As they stand they are the epitome of pointless boring grindfests.

One can only assume that EVERY person who agrees with me/has started similar posts are a bunch of wussy crying babies and that we all should `man up` and dream of being as `awesome` as you one day?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-04-2011, 08:47 AM
I agree running thses mission so many times for any reward is just stupid.
Whoever came up with the idea that's the way it should work should be flogged....repeatedly....for days...
On the plus side, it's not required for any mission progression or promotion to run them.
So, if they don't appeal to you, you're not forced to run them.
Simple...don't like them? Don't do them...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Simple...don't like them? Don't do them...
That's certainly the easy way out, but then again that can be said about anything that's just not well done.

And I do like Raid quests because you have to work together as a team. What I don't like is grinding and frustration.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrazol View Post
That's certainly the easy way out, but then again that can be said about anything that's just not well done.

And I do like Raid quests because you have to work together as a team. What I don't like is grinding and frustration.
Agreed to me many of these STF's (especially space) have been ruined by the fact that there is no thinking factor anymore no brains just dps it's like raiding for ******* and I think there needs to be less of a dps race here and more using your brains collectively.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Honestly, I love them the way they are, and while I agree there is now a lack of a challenge, it could be solved...

Leave them how they are now, but add additional secondary objectives. Some secondary objectives are 'easy', some are very difficult. Upon completing the very difficult secondary objective, the system will ensure one prototype is included in the drops (or one for each person, whatever you prefer). That way, people that just want to play it, can grind. Those that want to go for the challenge, get rewarded faster. Tiered secondary objectives would potentially help a groups skill go up... they can go for the easy secondary objective, and work their way up eventually to the difficult ones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydude1969
Is it just me or do these SUCK?

I really wanted the 4 part Borg ship set and managed to get the assimilated console pre update. However now those 3 missions have been split into 6 parts. I finished ` infected` ground and space and got 1 EDC. I then find out to get 1 part of the borg set will cost me 15 EDCs. So I now have to run each whole mission 45 times to get what would have taken 3 runs before.?

Welcome to grind city. Not quite what I had pictured for an exciting new update..

Oh and I just LOVE the new 1 hour BAN for quitting the STF after the Boss on `cure` jumped up and down on our collective heads for the Nth time. I mean it's not like I am running round with level 1 gear although I may as well of been tbh....
Also, just wanted to say, pretty sure each of the old Borg tech is only 5 ECD each, so that's a total of 15 ECD for all 3. Each old STF is now 2 STFs, so really, you get 2 ECD for where you would have gotten a tech in the old stfs.

So it only takes you 2.5x as long to get the gear you are referring to
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-04-2011, 03:17 PM
if each mission had multiple optionals, people would drop when any optional hadnt been met, and just start a new one, and they would whine that no one knows how to play them...sometimes i myself feel that way when no one tries to do the optional....infection ground comes to mind.

and yeah, you could only play each one once to get your new set gear-but you would be extremely lucky...the old set gear is 5 each, and you could get 2 each run, and at least one, so its less than 15 runs to get them. when you have a lot of people trying to max out dilithium, doing 15 runs is about right in a day...(did the math, roughly...interesting)

but yeah the new set gear...its rough. and it seems like the deflector never drops, along with the ground pieces...the tokens for the set items should always drop from the optional, it doesnt. got my shield and engine from the reward for finishing them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 PM.