Lt. Commander
# 11
12-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meslamtea
I played on tribble and everything was great. Now that its on holodeck the textures on computer consoles and on characters is terrible and out of focus. Even with all of my graphics settings maxed. Did the requirements for the game change suddenly because this is terrible. I cannot change my graphics card so what are my options if any?

edit: on tribble everything still looks fantastic, its only on holodeck where textures are bad.
Quote:
Nope no half resolution. (one of the first things i checked) Tribble looks great still, its just holodeck giving me issues.
Quote:
when i first log in everything looks fine, but within a few seconds the textures get bad. huh?
You are not the only one. I'm having the same problem ever since season 5 went live. Judging by the amounts of posts about this, and the in game chat, it is happening to a lot of other people too. I sure would like to hear Cryptic's explanation for it, but I doubt they'll tell us anything.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Thanks for all of the help. i am also updating drivers and so on. If i need to I'll wait for tech support (aka my roomate) to arrive and troubleshoot. Thanks again everyone/
Go to the "Troubleshooting" section at the bottom of your graphics options and check the "Video Memory Limit". If it's low (or on "auto"), it will use low-res textures.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Mine are working fine now. WOOT I credit Armsman's suggestion of replacing the file thing. I changed around a few other settings too but I still credit armsman.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I am not having this problem precisely but I do notice that now some ships seem HUGE at a distance and then suddenly become proper size when I get closer...
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I am not having this problem precisely but I do notice that now some ships seem HUGE at a distance and then suddenly become proper size when I get closer...
Be nice if that BUG would INFECT Planets...