Lt. Commander
# 21
12-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Personally, I think first runs of missions should include no dilithium but replays should include dilithium as one of the optional rewards.

Players are still capped at 8k per day.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-04-2011, 10:15 AM
I'll note two things:

1) VA ships are not necessarily quantitatively more powerful than RA ships are aside from maybe having better BO layouts and optional consoles. They are not required to compete. VA and RA ships are all Tier 5. VA ships don't get extra console slots or BO stations.

2) You can get additional RA ships quite easily by selling your C-Point stipend for dilithium.

3) One month's stipend will get you a starter ship with a scaling weapon or console if you want to upgrade your RA ship.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
This is THE CYCLE Cryptic/PWI wants to Encourage, not Discourage...
I think it's the other way round.

They want the grind to be so onerous, to take so long, that as many players as possible will just buy C-Points to skip the Dilithium grind, and buy C-Points to trade for the Dilithium to gear up.

The only thing they want to encourage is the purchase of C-Points.

Every player who successfully bypass' buying C-Points by grinding Dilithium is a liability to them, that's why the methods for attaining Dilithium, the amounts of Dilithium, and the rates at which Dilithium can be exchanged are all geared towards benefiting the C-Point buyer over the Dilithium grinder.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Personally, I think first runs of missions should include no dilithium but replays should include dilithium as one of the optional rewards.

Players are still capped at 8k per day.
No we are not. i cant even reach the cap on my captain toon. couse there is 3 missions only that gives it on my low level toon.

on my main va yes i can reach the cap but i have to repeat same mission over and over that i allready done before.

THIS IS WHY we want dilithium in story missions so we have diffrent things to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'll note two things:

1) VA ships are not necessarily quantitatively more powerful than RA ships are aside from maybe having better BO layouts and optional consoles. They are not required to compete. VA and RA ships are all Tier 5. VA ships don't get extra console slots or BO stations.

2) You can get additional RA ships quite easily by selling your C-Point stipend for dilithium.

3) One month's stipend will get you a starter ship with a scaling weapon or console if you want to upgrade your RA ship.
Va ships are quite more powerfull than ra i can assure you.

star cruiser slow and heavey turtle vs intrepid retrofit with ablative hull armor nimble and fast.

its quite the diffrence i tell you.

as for stipends it will still take 3-4 months to get a va ship and then i cant buy anything else from the c store that i might have use for....

we do need va tokkens for uss casual players otherwise this game is gonna cost more than any other game out on the market and why would we be here then ??

i dont see the problem cryptic has. they know lifers are stuck here but we dont get any help.

va tokkens for lifers cant be tthat hard to implement its not like we gonna take the va tokkens and fock off.

more likely we will stay if we get what we need. and staying customer spends more money on the game than a customer who leaves!!!!

its a matter of fact that cryptic HATES life time users otherwise they would prove it by giving uss the va tokkens.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I've been saying since we were testing this build on Tribble that refined dilithium should be a mission reward for Gold members. Silver members shouldn't get it, but Gold members definitely should. That would be a perk for being Gold that's better than anything Cryptic has come up with thus far, IMO.