Lt. Commander
# 1 DS9 revamp
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
So I've been spending alot of time in DS9 since this new release as its the best place to start STF's from. A thought occured to me. When they polished up the interior of DS9, why didn't they add an infirmary? Why stick the doctor where the exchange is? This seems like a pretty big oversight. They added a room for D'vak and the STF stuff, why not do the same for an Infirmary? This is one of those very (and I mean very) minor details that makes a huge difference with attention to detail.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 11:35 PM
They didn't add any NPC's to the promenade either , so it still looks like it's the middle of the night in an air port instead of a busy midway station ... .

ESD has officers patrolling the corridors , groups of NPC's chatting . Even K-7 and the other stations look "busy" .
DS9 ... not so much .
Aaaand they still have that hail-to-dock from that Bajoran in that fugly Fed uniform .
Hello Cryptic .... , you do have Bajoran uniforms now ... , not to mention some prettier fed uniforms ... .

Aaaand if I really want to be petty , then I'll note that the station is still missing the antenna rods that were on the top of their control tower (OPS) . :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
The DS9 "revamp" is a huge disappointment (we should probably be use to that by now). They have been talking about the DS9 revamp for months now and all they did was change the lighting, some textures and add some minor objects. Sure, Ops looks better and the Commanders office is a nice big empty room, but other than that...

It's still ridiculously huge, inside and out.
The viewer in Ops shows a frozen image of the wormhole.
That ugly brown nebula still surrounds the station.
You still beam onto the Promenade not Ops.
They took away the shutters that separate Quarks from the Promenade, but replaced them with a solid wall.
It's still empty, and devoid of life, most of the NPC's that are supposed to be sitting in chairs or benches stand on them instead.

And so many other things, that just make it look unpleasant.

After those child drawn signs on ESD, and so many new graphical glitches and bugs on Qo'nos it's almost as if Cryptic is trying to make the social areas look bad.

Oh yeah we still have clones of three of our Bridge Officers sitting on our bridges.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I like the adjustments made to the station, especially Ops, but I would like to see some updates made (which others have already mentioned):

1) Add an Infirmary and move the Doctor there.
2) Add a security office with a holding cell
3) Add a space/ground dilithium vendor. (I'm shocked that they don't have one, given the push for the new economy.)
4) Add a habitat ring deck that you can wander around.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Would be cool if they added a "Beam to Ship" action button/dialog bubble to the Transporter Pad in Ops. (just like they have at Memory Alpha, etc)

'Course this would be nice for all Transporter Pads in STO (Earth Space Dock an so forth). And yes I know I can press my Com badge anywhere, but the pads seem non-functional without this option - and besides the coding is already done - just copy and paste!