Lt. Commander
# 11
12-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
No, it's done to make highest-end gear an accomplishment rather than just a consequence of casual play.
People knew it was coming and DID NOT LIKE what was being done to crafting. You probably weren't at Memory Alpha on Nov 30. I've never seen so many people at one time that it maxed out the instance before.

We pay at least $15/month. There shouldn't be ANY cap for us.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
People knew it was coming and DID NOT LIKE what was being done to crafting. You probably weren't at Memory Alpha on Nov 30. I've never seen so many people at one time that it maxed out the instance before.

We pay at least $15/month. There shouldn't be ANY cap for us.
Why not? What does the subscription fee have to do with it?

Before S5 it was too easy to kit out your ship in the best equipment with NO EFFORT. None. Now? Well, if you've already got to VA1 then the chances are you've got the gear you need. If you're new? Well - you'll be in for a much better experience as you actually have some pride in being kitted out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
No. The cap is fine and works.

People amassed Energy Credits too fast. Plain and simple. By keeping a tight grip on the amount of Dilithium in the economy, it functions better and can be more easily managed.
The flaw in your logic is that people can purchase as much dilitium as they want so its not really about limiting the amount since it only limits the amount you can get without paying additional fee's on top of your monthly subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
A STO 'Padawan' is born...

A silly as that sounds...

...it is the best way to 'get-over' any percieved problems with the new game mechanic.

And besides, there are PLENTY of Other things Wrong with the game that could use this wave-of-malcontent to a much better advantage...

PvP...

The KDF...

The C-Store/Ship Claim UI...

The 'Jump-To-Light-Speed' BUG that has appeared on Holodeck... (though that one is kinda funny)...

(Add your own current gripe here...)
Well you can live with a bleeding ulcer and all but that does not make it fun. It should still be checked out and fixed by a medical professional.

The KDF is still lacking content but at this point everyone is a bit missing on that. Besides that though this patch was awesome for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Wow seriously Ive never heard a player base anywhere complain as much as people here do the game isnt that bad. Ive managed to have a great time these last 2 years are there bugs sometimes yes. Do I always manage to find things to do and keep enjoying myself yes I do. Sometimes you gotta calm down take a deep breath and realize its not that bad.
what, not that bad? come on, your playing the wrong game then....how can you say that with all the promises that cryptic have said to us, and not fulfilled?..... and you stick up for them? wake up and smell the CRYPTIC.... old bean...
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
No. The cap is fine and works.

We can all agree that more content is needed - though I still haven't managed to get through everything that Season 5 brought in through the Defera Invasion - but that has nothing to do with this economic decision.

People amassed Energy Credits too fast. Plain and simple. By keeping a tight grip on the amount of Dilithium in the economy, it functions better and can be more easily managed.

The average player will not earn more than 8,000 dilithium in one sitting. I've started playing STFs about four times a day now - between an hour and two hours at a time. Probably 90% of players now and in future will play for this long or less. The cap doesn't affect them. It *does* affect those edge cases who can spend 8 hours a day amasing dilithium ore.

Even the guy who gets binges one day a week and then doesn't play for days is covered - dilithium ore is automatically refined for up to a week after your last play.

No, it's done to make highest-end gear an accomplishment rather than just a consequence of casual play.
Controlling the economy? You must be joking- have you seen the prices of purple mk 11 weapons on the exchange? Season 5 has driven them through the roof. To be honest what good is dilithium anyway? You can't buy purple mk 12 gear with it- for that you have to grind & grind away on the recycled stf missions. If I could get my money back from these jokers I would.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonSin
The flaw in your logic is that people can purchase as much dilitium as they want so its not really about limiting the amount since it only limits the amount you can get without paying additional fee's on top of your monthly subscription.
But it is limiting the amount of Refined Dilithium that's available. If someone spends CPoints to buy refined dilithium from another player there's no more dilithium in the economy than there was before, it's just available to someone different.