Lt. Commander
# 21
12-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
Agreed. I actually went from an Intrepid Refit to a Sovvy after a bit at VA on tribble, because I felt like it. If anything, I got more fun out of the sovvy.
Plus it really the only class that the Vet reward captain's yaht goes with.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Plus it really the only class that the Vet reward captain's yaht goes with.
What, the Sovvy? No it's not. The Captain's Yacht is built into the underside of the saucer section on the Galaxy Class.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Is that truly better? Or is it simply faster?

What has gear acquisition been like?
How much Dilithium does that alt have?
Did any of it come from trading your stipend (if you've gotten it) and how much (estimate) from Doff Assignments and grinding?
What ships are you using, and how did you acquire them?
Gear acquisition all gear from the featured episode reruns / normal and story missions gear.
not fully geared but mostly doable. some officers might have lower shiealds and armor than my rank is but works fine.

Dilithium 239 at captain 9
all dilithium came from DOFF
only story missions / featured episodes that we had before ( devian breen u know the drill )
standard ships Miranda, the odd looking ship, and Nebula , Intrepid normal no c store.
3 st ships was for energy credit. last ship Intrepid no c store was from token.

i wasent derailing the topic just voiceing my concerns that we dont have va tokens its a big issue.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I was gonna say you've been robbed, having only 230ish dilithium at that rank, but you may not know you can get 1000+ dilithium per run for doing the mirror universe fleet action.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
I was gonna say you've been robbed, having only 230ish dilithium at that rank, but you may not know you can get 1000+ dilithium per run for doing the mirror universe fleet action.
problem is many of those events run on times i dont play.

i have very limited play time and as such i find it very bad we dont get dilithium from any kind of play no matter what we do.

i dont wanna do dailys to get it i wanna do it in my pace and story mode.

wich is why the dilithium system is very unfair atm.

i used to play aloot and did dailys day in and day out but i cant anymore therefor i think that instead of doing daily for dilithium why not give it for story missions ?

same time you spend on a daily u spend on a story mission.
only diffrence is your doing something new for a change.

dailys are always the same.

story missions are diffrent.

but both should reward dilithium its equal time spent.

anyways thats how my toon is and as i see it i will never have dilithium for a va ship. or gear for that matter.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Last I heard, they were opening up those daily missions to various time zones. I personally don't mind if you get dilithium for story missions, as long as they keep them in the format they are as well alongside (purely because I hate everything about the missions in STO - cut-scenes just grind on my damn nerves, I hate them so much I can't begin to describe it) I could go into a long rant about how cut scenes are a jarring experience (just like the game slamming your brakes on whenever anyone hails you, and how jarring experiences are like poison to the minds of your audience, but I won't, so there.

Because I have done before and it's fell on deaf ears
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Well, faster=better to someone who really doesn't like the drudgery of levelling a toon in STO pre-Season 5.

This alt has about 35,000 dilithium, because I happened to have 96 C-Points lying around which I was able to sell in a heartbeat for 200 dilithium apiece (less than half the going rate on the dilithium exchange).

So it didn't come from trading my stipend, just the leftovers from the last 2 years of buying the odd C-Store item.

I would say though, that I only resorted to that because after the tutorial I found out, when I went to recruit some BOs from ESD, that they're now sold to the player for dilithium instead of Starfleet Merits (which seem to have been removed from the game without me noticing).

I'm currently using the TOS Connie which I paid C-Points for a while back, but is also being given away for free in December. So I went to the Legacy Unlock section of the C-Store and claimed it from there.

One thing though, I notice that two ships I've paid C-Points for are now asking me for 800 C-Points apiece on this new alt - I don't know if that's because I'm not high enough rank to fly them yet (Nebula and Excelsior - but I've submitted a GM ticket and I guess I'll find out in due course what's going on there.
You will find them under the legacy unlocks section of the c-store. that is where I finally found my excelsior. The version with the Lt Commander tactical and that doesn't have the transwarp as a console (the better version in my book).
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
You will find them under the legacy unlocks section of the c-store. that is where I finally found my excelsior. The version with the Lt Commander tactical and that doesn't have the transwarp as a console (the better version in my book).
I definitely haven't found them under Legacy Unlocks - I've looked strenuously to no avail. That's why I ended up filing a ticket about them. If they only show up for claiming after you hit the required rank, that's fine, I just want to know if that is the case.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-05-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm actually finding it more entertaining and rewarding than it was before. I'm playing longer as well.

I've played for approximately 7 hours during the weekend and already leveled up to LC7.

I might be alone on this one, but I'm actually finding the Dilithium currency an incentive to play. I'm really enjoying it. It's giving my playtime purpose. I'm not just having fun, but I'm also being rewarded for it. And the fact that the dailies are dailies means that only a small proportion of my time is spent on gathering dilithium.

Additionally, the new event system is fantastic. It spices up the game a bit and allows me to 'take a break' from traditional play and pursue something else. I really hope more events (such as the Dabo event discussed on another thread) gets added to the game later on.

Furthermore, the Doff system is also a pleasing addition, allowing more immersion into the universe.

All in all, I'm really enjoying leveling my Alt. More so than ever before. Congratulations cryptic.