Lt. Commander
# 1 Canon Defiant build
12-02-2011, 09:45 PM
I need help cumming up with a Canon Defiant build to make my little ship be as close to the one in DS9 as possible.

I was thinking
Front:
2 heavy phaser cannons
1 quantium torpedo
1 phaser array / or dual phaser array

Back:
1 phaser array
1 quantium torpedo
1 Phaser turret

not sure on Boff skills thining about 2 tactical teams and 2 emergency power to shields maybe a high yeald and a science team not sure help please

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 10:21 PM
the weapon slots seem pretty dead on, to go as cannon as possible i'd say the single beam array up front. I'm still trying to decide if i like the quads myself. I love the look, but i seem like i'm moving in slow motion. as for boof powers i'd say eng team 2, eps1 for your engineer, science team and either polorize hull, scramble sensors, or the science hull repair one i can't remember the name of. Tac is a free for all power wise depending more on if you are a tac/sci/eng captain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2011, 09:42 PM
the defiant can also fire photon-torpedos ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2011, 03:50 AM
I have

Quad Cannons
Dual Heavy Cannon
Dual Cannon
Quantum Torp

Cannon Turret
Cannon Turret
Cannon Turret

And I have to say, that I don't like the look of the turrets firing from the rear of the ship thru my hull and towards the enemy. I might not put a turret in the rear weapon slot if you are looking for screen accuracy.

It would also be nice to be able to equip more than 1 quad cannon, for asthetics. From what I hear, the higher DPS isnt really an issue because of the lack of crit and dmg bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManzelot
the defiant can also fire photon-torpedos ...
In fact any ship that is able to fire Photons should also be able to fire Quantums and vice versa, since the Torps in question probably use the same housing.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Quantum_torpedo
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
In fact any ship that is able to fire Photons should also be able to fire Quantums and vice versa, since the Torps in question probably use the same housing.
Indeed. Any ship that can fire quantums should be able to fire photons. But I suppose all photon tubes might not be reinforced enough to handle the different energy profile of a quantum. (feel free to prove me wrong)
I liked how Bridge Commander handled this issue. You had the option of loading quantums or photons, you just had to wait a while for your crew to swap them out if you wanted to switch during battle. I actually enjoyed having to return to starbase to restock torpedoes as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2011, 04:53 AM
Cannon loadout would be something like:

Quantum torp
quad cannons (x2 possible?)
Phaser array

Phaser arrayx2
photon torpedo

In cannon the aft launcher only fired photons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
quad cannons (x2 possible?)
Nope, not possible.
It would be nice, as the dual and dual heavy cannons tend to ruin the look and sound of the new ones, although they would need to add some crit or dmg bonuses to make up for the massive engine drain multiple quads would cause.