Lt. Commander
# 21
12-05-2011, 06:33 AM
automated rapid fire SNB turret, nuff said!
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-05-2011, 07:17 AM
The new consoles enhance the game experience for both Federation and Klingon players and assure parity (balance) in game play especially in PvP. It now will be the innovative captains who prevail in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-05-2011, 08:50 AM
The latest new toy is the BoP Transport console and the nice Aceton Assimilator or something, cant be killed with normal energy weapons and drains the hell of all your systems per second.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
The latest new toy is the BoP Transport console and the nice Aceton Assimilator or something, cant be killed with normal energy weapons and drains the hell of all your systems per second.
Don't forget the bioneural warhead. Takes the right timing but when it hits it really HITS.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-05-2011, 09:08 AM
The new consoles need a few balance passes and some potential bug fixes. Everyone knows how ridiculous the AMS console is. The Graviton Pulse can nearly cripple a ship for up to 37 seconds (although this could be an issue related the the awful skill tree boosting things in odd ways). I suppose to broken abilities like that balance each other out in some way but it would make more sense if they were reasonable abilities first.

The game as a whole has always been about who has the most buffs and debuffs. More powers, more spam, more win. They took tier 5 PvP and allowed people to equip even more powers and abilities on the same ship at the same time. Innovative game play is all good and well, but even setting aside the pay to win here which is clearly not going to go away, there is a point where these new console abilities are too good to go without.

The consoles should come with +/- stats. Cloaking consoles might have reduced hull. The Impulse Burn might leave your engines at lower efficiency for a short time. I don't know, something creative and significant to make people think about what they are putting on their ship. With more and more powers being available at any given time, charging people a console slot just isn't significant enough anymore. Especially with the ability to pile multiples into a single ship.

On a related note, what's to prevent a ship from using something before leaving combat to swap it out for another? Should their be a global cool down on these things? Is there one that I am unaware of (admittedly I'm not all that familiar with these new things yet, or the way they work with the new "skill tree")? Is this really even an issue?
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Don't forget the bioneural warhead. Takes the right timing but when it hits it really HITS.
yeah, my B'rel torpedo boat is lovin it!!
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Umm ok so, I use one console. The slowing one for the raptor. That is all :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-05-2011, 09:27 AM
I think the OP belief of some the consoles is directly related to wether the player is skilling to take max advantage of it and/or the way the SKill Tree is set to help the abilities of some of these consoles and equipment at times.
Fix that and things may settle down.

For example, whats OP about the teleport console? nada.

The Aceton Assimilator just slapped on a vessel doesn't appear to be near as nasty as some describe by itself. If the somebody is speced to max Aceton beam though and the skills cross-over to help the console then I could see it being a nasty.

The Gaviton Pulse console appears to fall the same way. If specced for draining on a build it may be boosted by such skills. Once again just slapping it on a build as a means to slow a target dosen't appear to have the high duration of effect to me.

The Siphon Console also appears teh same way to me. Very effective if the player skills to make a drain boat but otherwise innefective unskilled.

This even seems to be the case on some weapons. Tetryons for instance seem to be boosted in their Shield Drain effectiver based on how one is skilled. Doing more testing to veriify.

Of course these are just my opinions.