Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Holly Shield SUCKERS Cryptic!
12-05-2011, 09:04 AM
I was in Ker'rat enjoying annoying the Klinks like normal. I was tanking 3 others when out of the blue a Carrier launched these shield suckers. I drooped warp poo expecting it to kill them. Nope. I tried everything I had and after even using rsp had no shields at all. HE didn't even stop the shield drain. I'm not saying it's OP since you can shoot them but they suck ya dry. Not even ASM drew them away.

If you get 2 carriers in a 5 man pvp match with those and 3 berel with heal / torpedo skills there is no way to defeat it other than running. Imagine 3 berel hit an unshielded ship with quantum HY 3 and healing the carriers too.

He he he. I love plotting tactics. Anyhow Nice new addition and Klinks.... Don't do it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Those things are nasty. What we really need, to avoid the impending nerf, is better targeting UI. They made it so you could tab select a target and ignore NPCs but since they didn't split the option out (tab to target players and another to target NPCs) it makes it incredibly difficult to target these little quick buggers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-05-2011, 09:17 AM
HE1 helps shields??
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Hazards are used to counter the Borg Shield Neutralizer. Can't blame him for trying, given how fast those shields go away, lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Hazards are used to counter the Borg Shield Neutralizer. Can't blame him for trying, given how fast those shields go away, lol.
Ah!!! haven't done the whole STF thing but once since the changes.
I use HE as part of my regular heal regiment so just never noticed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkie_bbs View Post
I was in Ker'rat enjoying annoying the Klinks like normal. I was tanking 3 others when out of the blue a Carrier launched these shield suckers. I drooped warp poo expecting it to kill them. Nope. I tried everything I had and after even using rsp had no shields at all. HE didn't even stop the shield drain. I'm not saying it's OP since you can shoot them but they suck ya dry. Not even ASM drew them away.

If you get 2 carriers in a 5 man pvp match with those and 3 berel with heal / torpedo skills there is no way to defeat it other than running. Imagine 3 berel hit an unshielded ship with quantum HY 3 and healing the carriers too.

He he he. I love plotting tactics. Anyhow Nice new addition and Klinks.... Don't do it.
I believe you need to put some points in the space skill that reduces the effectiveness of shield stripping attacks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
I believe you need to put some points in the space skill that reduces the effectiveness of shield stripping attacks.
Doesn't help with these nasty lil buggers. Your shields are going down fast. I know what he is talking about. I been in ker'rat the last 3 days up against those same guys. I roll with 12-18k shields and that skill maxed plus a console.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I was helping a friend test out his carrier, and those shield strippers are only one of the new KDF toys. The power syphons now, OMG, I used EWP, FAW and TS in an attempt to keep them at bay, but if just 1 or 2 of them get on you, your ability to kill them starts dropping off so quickly that you are essentially through. By through, I mean, completely done, systems offline, that EPS power transfer or a battery will help for a few seconds, then they take that power too, and you are dead. It was kind of interesting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I wonder, how nobody is talking about how OP polarons are now ^^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Seems like Drain attacks and related skills are working too well while otehrs do not work at all.
What is this KDF shield stripper thing actually called?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 PM.