Lt. Commander
# 1 Annoying DOFF recruitment Bug.
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
You know those assignments where you get 2 DOFF's and they are pictured when you accept the rewards? Well I have seen a lot of them with Green DOFF's but when I accept them they are always white. I know that I asked about this on Tribble but I never got an answer. Are we ever going to get the pictured DOFF's ? I'm feel like I'm getting ripped off when I see that I'm getting a Green DOFF as a recruit but then when I check it, it is always a white DOFF. If we are never going to get the DOFF's that are pictured then please stop showing pictures of the DOFF's....

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Mousing over the reward for those missions is currently useless, it doesn't tell you the quality, and it gives your the wrong names for the Doffs you're going to get.

I'm assuming that since something actually happens when you mouseover them, they should be displaying the correct information. Why else would someone code it to have a mouseover effect?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2011, 03:15 PM
They just show possibilities which are where the icon comes from. It's a possible choice from the database. They'll never let you freeze it at that. If they weren't randomly calculated when you complete the mission people would just keep bringing the assignment up until they got the ones they liked to show. They do however need to come up with generic icons for them like they did for the items.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2011, 03:35 PM
I posted about this while it was still on Tribble and a dev (Heinig, I think) did post that this was an issue they were working on fixing. I guess they haven't gotten to it yet.

Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Yep ... It looks like it is just one more of the many bugs that are never going to get fixed. This bug was reported on Tribble at least 2 months ago ..... Sometimes it is the little things like this that make me wonder why anyone should bother testing and writing bug reports if they just keep getting ignored. It really isn't that hard to have a generic icon there instead of the pictures of DOFF's that you aren't going to get.....

I know these guys are working very hard to get a lot of things done, but when the EP is saying that they are fixing bugs and I keep seeing the same bugs over & over again ... it just gets annoying....... and what is worse is not hearing anything when you are asking questions about all the bugs so you can know when you will be able to use the options that you have paid for, I mean I would just like to know when I'm going to be able to use something that I've already given you my money for, but all we are getting is silence......