Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
From the notes.

Advanced Heavy Cruiser Ė Excelsior

Transwarp is now a Transwarp Drive Coil Console.
Console grants Transwarp plus a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Auxiliary Efficiency Stat.
Added Tactical Console Slot.
Upgraded Ensign Engineering Bridge Officer slot to a Lt Engineering Bridge Officer Slot.

Tier 5 Excelsior Retrofit

Now comes with an Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil console mod.
Console grants Transwarp (but no longer to Sirius, Regulus, or Pi Canis), but also grants a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Aux Performance Stat.
No console slots added.

So yes, apparently there should be a T5 console.

File a bug report.
No, there shouldn't. A console was added but due to all the whining it was removed, that's an error from the original patch notes that were copy and pasted over to the release notes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
No, there shouldn't. A console was added but due to all the whining it was removed, that's an error from the original patch notes that were copy and pasted over to the release notes.
I hope that a dev' answers this or they put out an addendum stating that. I 'm not really sure what is happening in regards to this ship. If it isn' getting a console, they shouldn't have mentioned a console in all three of the T5's Excelsiors notes. So does the ship still have:

Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil console mod.
 Console grants Transwarp (but no longer to Sirius, Regulus, or Pi Canis), but also grants a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Aux Performance Stat.

or is it unchanged from before????
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I hope that a dev' answers this or they put out an addendum stating that. I 'm not really sure what is happening in regards to this ship. If it isn' getting a console, they shouldn't have mentioned a console in all three of the T5's Excelsiors notes. So does the ship still have:

Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil console mod.
 Console grants Transwarp (but no longer to Sirius, Regulus, or Pi Canis), but also grants a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Aux Performance Stat.

or is it unchanged from before????
It's unchanged. Whilst it was on Tribble the console was added but it was removed after all the complaining (apparently the buff to the four performance skills was a nerf). The patch notes were just never updated, as you can probably tell.
As of this evening though (well, morning. It's 3am), the Excelsior has all it's Transwarp's, nine console slots and no console power.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Guys. Check your Legacy Unlocks on the in-game C-Store.

There are now two versions of the T5 Excelsior. A grandfathered version of the T5 for those who purchased the Excelsior prior to the F2P conversion. This T5 has all 9 transwarp power built in without the need for a console, but does not come with a bonus console that boost performance. This version is located under Legacy Unlocks.

The new version is located in the ships tab of the C-Store is the console version that has the performance boosting console that also includes the 6 transwarp powers (you must equip the efficiency boosting console from the T3 version to get the other 3 transwarp powers). It does not gain any additional console slots as has already been stated because the T5 Excelsior previously came with the maximum 9 slots and didn't have a combat ability. If you did not purchase the T5 prior to the F2P conversion you will only be able to buy this version from now on.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
Guys. Check your Legacy Unlocks on the in-game C-Store.

There are now two versions of the T5 Excelsior. A grandfathered version of the T5 for those who purchased the Excelsior prior to the F2P conversion. This T5 has all 9 transwarp power built in without the need for a console, but does not come with a bonus console that boost performance. This version is located under Legacy Unlocks.

The new version is located in the ships tab of the C-Store is the console version that has the performance boosting console that also includes the 6 transwarp powers (you must equip the efficiency boosting console from the T3 version to get the other 3 transwarp powers). It does not gain any additional console slots as has already been stated because the T5 Excelsior previously came with the maximum 9 slots and didn't have a combat ability. If you did not purchase the T5 prior to the F2P conversion you will only be able to buy this version from now on.
So can you buy the second (T5) one and still keep the original (T5)????
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-02-2011, 11:31 AM
At this point I'm not completely sure what's going on, but I suspect the Holodeck updates are playing catch up with the back and forth changes they made to the Excelsior on Tribble.

The T5 (any version) is completely missing from the website C-Store.

The T3 version in Requisitions lists the console that was changed on Tribble from one that grants and efficiency bonuses and transwarp to Sirius, Regulus, and Pi Canis on any cruiser to the later version that currently granted an efficiency bonus and reduces the cool down on all transwarp powers (diplo included) by half.

The T5 version in Requisitions and the in-game C-Store (which I can only find on my Legacy Tab) lists the version that's existed on Holodeck since it was introduced (no console included or required).

The T5 version that came with console that granted the proficiency boost and the 6 transwarp powers if you equipped it is apparently gone.

And still no word on if the T3 will unlock for anyone who purchased the T5 prior to the F2P build hitting Holodeck like they said they would. But with the C-Store acting funky (looking at it with a Fed character shows the KDF ships I've purchased need to be repurchased and looking at it with a KDF character shows those ships as purchased but half my Fed ones as unpurchased) I'm not buying anything in the C-Store until the mess is sorted out. Nor am I going to say they misled us until after C-Store is fixed and we see what's been unlocked or not. Would I like the T3 Excelsior and T3 Nebula for free because Iíve already bought the T5 versions, and theyíre no longer available in game for energy credits, and a dev said I would? Yes, I love free stuff. But if I donít itís not the end of the world.

If nothing else they didn't change what we've already purchased with real money, so to me it's a non-issue. Was it cool for the brief period of time when both T5 versions were in the C-Store and previous T5 owners got both at no additional charge? Yes, yes it was. But as it is right now I have the T5 Excelsior that I paid money for unlocked and I will continue to have it unlocked for any character I wish to use it with in the future, and that's all I really care about.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
At this point I'm not completely sure what's going on, but I suspect the Holodeck updates are playing catch up with the back and forth changes they made to the Excelsior on Holodeck.

The T5 (any version) is completely missing from the website C-Store.

The T3 version in Requisitions lists the console that was changed on Tribble from one that grants and efficiency bonuses and transwarp to Sirius, Regulus, and Pi Canis on any cruiser to the later version that currently granted an efficiency bonus and reduces the cool down on all transwarp powers (diplo included) by half.

The T5 version in Requisitions and the in-game C-Store (which I can only find on my Legacy Tab) lists the version that's existed on Holodeck since it was introduced (no console included or required).

The T5 version that came with console that granted the proficiency boost and the 6 transwarp powers if you equipped it is apparently gone.

And still no word on if the T3 will unlock for anyone who purchased the T5 prior to the F2P build hitting Holodeck like they said they would. But with the C-Store acting funky (looking at it with a Fed character shows the KDF ships I've purchased need to be repurchased and looking at it with a KDF character shows those ships as purchased but half my Fed ones as unpurchased) I'm not buying anything in the C-Store until the mess is sorted out. Nor am I going to say they misled us until after C-Store is fixed and we see what's been unlocked or not. Would I like the T3 Excelsior and T3 Nebula for free because Iíve already bought the T5 versions, and theyíre no longer available in game for energy credits, and a dev said I would? Yes, I love free stuff. But if I donít itís not the end of the world.

If nothing else they didn't change what we've already purchased with real money, so to me it's a non-issue. Was it cool for the brief period of time when both T5 versions were in the C-Store and previous T5 owners got both at no additional charge? Yes, yes it was. But as it is right now I have the T5 Excelsior that I paid money for unlocked and I will continue to have it unlocked for any character I wish to use it with in the future, and that's all I really care about.
I hope our new friend will straighten these guestions out for us soon...
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-02-2011, 01:30 PM
No transwarp console and extra module slot for the T5 excelsior retrofit ?!

I don't know about that Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
That's unfortunate. I bought the T5 Excelsior specifically for that console. I wanted to equip it on my Assault cruiser. They should update the notes immediately so it does not mislead people like it did for me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreelancerAlpha
No transwarp console and extra module slot for the T5 excelsior retrofit ?!

I don't know about that Cryptic
I noticed that too. What gives?