Lt. Commander
# 11
12-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I am glad that this issue is now resolved.

It would have been cool if just for fun if one of them randomly would have said, "The captain shouldn't complain. He always seems to expect us to be in two places at once..."

Now if I could ask for another little fix to ship interiors. Could you please fix it where we just appear in front of the turbolift instead of beaming onto the bridge. And fix the crew spawn-in animation so they just fade in? It looks stupid for them to beam in.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-06-2011, 04:42 AM
Took you guys long enough. Why didn't you acknowledge the problem in the clone watch that? it's been following the issue since just about the beginning. :/
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-06-2011, 05:15 AM
They probably didn't acknowledge the issue specifically, because they are aware of all problems that are posted here.
That has been said several times already.
Just because they don't respond doesn't mean they aren't working on it. Sometimes it just takes a while to fix things, and as long as you can't say for sure how long the fixing will take, it's better not to say anything.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
This has been fixed. The fix should be released within the next couple weeks.
How big of a boot was used to squash this bug?

In all seriousness, Great News! I love going on my bridge and the duplicated BOFFs were a bit annoying. Well done devs!
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Quote:
It had nothing to do with the DOFF system. It was just a bug that was introduced when a more serious crash bug was fixed.
Thank you. Over half a year we've had our bridges filled with clones....
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Instead of waiting weeks I guess there's no way they can just feed this into the game as a hot fix or something? I know they say patience is a virtue, but I'm not feeling very patient right now lol.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-06-2011, 08:01 AM
What I figure is going to happen is that the "Department Head" selections we make as part of the Duty Officer section may become tied into Boff placement in our ship interiors. In a way, I think that is what they were experimenting with and is what caused the duplication bug to begin with. I say that because when I set my department heads, I noticed that the only BOffs that were listed in the default just happened to be the ones appearing on my bridge with duplicates. I had hoped that making sure all department head positions were occupied by a different BOff that the duplication would be fixed, but it wasn't

What I am hoping for is that when the fix goes in, not only will the duplication bug go away, but we will find our Boffs located in positions relevant to their status as department heads. Operations at the Helm. Tactical at a tactical console. Security at a security console. Medical in Sickbay. Engineer in Engineering. Science at the Science Station. First officer standing next to the captain's chair. etc...

I really do hope we start to get more utility out of our ship interiors...
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
And there were copious amounts of rejoicing throughout the STO community. Glad to hear this is finally getting fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes. Also another awesome update from Zero:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
The fix is not a simple or safe one, so we might not see it go live for a week or two yet. But we haven't forgotten it, promise.
The best thread to watch for this seems to be here (below), so probably best to direct anyone asking to this post:
Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Tribble - Free-to-Play Test Server > Announcements and Release Notes TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 5, 2011

Thanks Zero !
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
It would have been cool if just for fun if one of them randomly would have said, "The captain shouldn't complain. He always seems to expect us to be in two places at once..."
lol, nice one.