Lt. Commander
# 41
11-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Isn't this the same as consoles, if you look at the math, the values are trippled in effect...
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
Isn't this the same as consoles, if you look at the math, the values are trippled in effect...
None of the other skill traits were changed in value.
All of the skill traits now only affect 1 skill as opposed to all skills of the department.
Joined Symbiote had one of the bonuses removed.
As the consoles were dropped in value to reflect the change in he formula I don't see why they wouldn't do the same to the traits if they were in that section of the formula since they seemingly went over them anyway.

Overall the skill change has hurt the sill based traits.

And I do recall a dev post somewhere where they're planning on changing the skills from 33x3 to 99 with a different sp per point curve, so the x3 won't be there anymore later anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Now the update is in, any dev's like to comment on the nerf our poor Trills have taken?
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
negative ghost rider, the pattern is full....
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Added to my list of feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
Brandon, can you please have someone re-check all the space traits? It appears many traits, not just those of Joined Trill (which I also have found myself affect by), got dinged:

Efficiency for both Captains and BOs no longer gives any sort of visible bonus. When I look at the UI my Captain's space skills don't reflect any value in Starship Warp Core Efficiency, and more importantly the power levels themselves aren't raised. And yes, I understand it's only supposed to help at low levels, but in the past, Efficient Captain or two Efficient BOs would give you 26/25, now 25/25 (ie no change).

Warp Core Theorist got nerfed to give only about half it's power levels. Before WCT alone offerred 51/50 and 27/25. Now 50/50 and 26/25.

Techie used to help with ship repairs. It should just improve Starship Hull Repair, but instead, for some reason now buffs Electro-Plasma System. But even that appears to not be working. The UI still only shows 100% PTR and when testing energy shifting the timing doesn't appear any better. Please put it back to Hull Repair, or at least fix the PTR affect.

Astrophysicist got a nerf and a bug too. It used to help with Deflectors, Sensors, and Emitter -based skills, now only helps two of them by apparent design, though only the Sensors one shows up as being applied to the Captain's skills in the UI.

And lastly, I was disappointed to see Leadership still appears bugged ("still" as in since Game Launch). It's supposed to grant "20% faster damage and subsystem repair", but has no/never had any visible affect on any powers or stats in the UI or while playing. And on BOs it's still listed as a Ground Trait (even on the new Veteran BO, which I find particularlly amusing).

Your help in squashing these bugs is appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-06-2011, 12:39 AM
I have to agree with PatricianVetinari, this matter does need attention and should be fixed before F2P launch and by Jan 17th at the latest.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I have to agree with PatricianVetinari, this matter does need attention and should be fixed before F2P launch and by Jan 17th at the latest.
I'll third that. I'm curious to see what the official response will be.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the support Alecto and Sparhawk_Mike. It would be nice to get some additional Official (Dev) feedback. It occurs to me, I hadn't checked the other Space traits, like Accuracy or Evasive. I wonder how those faired in the changeover...
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I'll be reviewing both Captain and Boff traits in the coming days to ensure that their effectiveness is as close to on-par with their previous versions as we can now get. None of these changes were intended as nerfs, but were instead unfortunate collateral damage of the massive skill overhaul that just took place. I'll be cleaning up the debris as quickly as possible, and the feedback in this thread is very helpful to ensuring that it gets done correctly.