Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
I bet Federation troops are still in Afganistan, though...
i spit beer all over my monitor
Thanks for the laugh
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
12-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Gozer implied in his post that we had a funky situation where D'Vak just happens to command both the Honor Guard and the M.A.C.O.s at the same time, a tacit but somewhat under-the-table admission by the Federation that they are terrified and the Klingons are much better at handling fighting.

However... If you talk to D'Vak on DS9, he pretty unambiguously refers to the war in the past tense, as something that the Klingons have obviously won so many times over it's not worth mentioning any more.

So... Happy Christmas, the war is over...?!

there fixed that for ya...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
12-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Gozer implied in his post
A post ... , a post you say ?
Oh that's right , you didn't provide a link / proof once again .
And yes , I'm trolling you on this .
And yes , I'm trolling you because you're lazy .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
what photo are you guys talking about. It's not some "super secret squirrel" thing that's not that impressive is it? I'd be thoroughly disappointed in ya'll if it was!
It was in "Watchmen". Very risque for 1945, if you ask me..


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
12-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
A post ... , a post you say ?
Oh that's right , you didn't provide a link / proof once again .
And yes , I'm trolling you on this .
And yes , I'm trolling you because you're lazy .
Why should I have to search the forums when I'm not saying anything inflammatory?

We're talking on forums. I do not require proof of other people. Proof should not be required of me. This is a forum. It is a place for hearsay. Facts should always be the job of the interested person to find as far as I'm concerned.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=241484

There's the post. Expect that to be the last time I ever back something up with a citation. I'm not being paid to be here. I'm not a journalist. I shouldn't have to. I won't ever again.

If you want citations, find them yourself or put me on your ignore list because I have no intention of providing them as an unpaid guy who is here to shoot off his mouth about his random recollections and what he thinks is cool, not to compile facts or back them up. I do those things in certain parts of my life. I will get paid before I do them or I won't bother doing them at all though.

I don't expect them of other people. If someone intrigues me, I'll do my own digging. But I don't demand citations from other people and I won't provide them for myself. If you're so interested in the future, look it up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Sorry if that was snippy. I'm just looking at biblios on two term papers and questioning whether there's enough room for right brained fun in my future.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
12-06-2011, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
what photo are you guys talking about. It's not some "super secret squirrel" thing that's not that impressive is it? I'd be thoroughly disappointed in ya'll if it was!
http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...are+after+kiss.

the upper most top left is the origonal taken after the end of World War two.

Quote:
A sailor and a nurse kiss passionately in Manhattan's Times Square, as New York City celebrates the end of World War II, on August 14, 1945. The celebration followed the official announcement that Japan had accepted the terms of Potsdam and surrendered. The woman in the photo, Edith Shain, died at 92, 2010. (AP Photo/Victor Jorgensen)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
12-06-2011, 04:42 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
You mean there's people that don't know that picture? My history major heart is broken....
Sadly there are those whom don't even believe the war happened and the holocaust iether. We truelly are a species doomed to forget our past and thus repeat it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
12-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
You mean there's people that don't know that picture? My history major heart is broken.....
I prefer the Watchmen version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl2spWNoXuA

at the 1:00 Mark
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
12-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
I bet Federation troops are still in Afganistan, though...
We probably bombarded that area in WW III, completely destroying it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 PM.