Lt. Commander
While the discussion on whether or not the drop rates are too low is still ongoing, I noticed an effect on my own playing behaviour linked to the rate. I've found that I stopped playing STFs on my alts. Out of an odd OCD like need, I feel that if I got one of the mythical and elusive tokens that enable an immediate gear redemption it should be on one of my mains. I've found that I feel afraid I'll get something, then have it on a character I rarely play and feel guilty for never appreciating it.

Does anyone else have similar sentiments or an I being paranoid?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Statistics-wise this makes perfect sense. So, no, you're not being paranoid.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I think this is part of the point. STO has so little end-game content and it is so easy to level-up a character (especially a Klingon on Q weekends) that they are trying to change things so you will concentrate on one character rather than just leveling up character after character..
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
This is a known symptom of TtGTS. Don't be that guy!

Remember, TtGTS (Taking the Game Too Seriously) is a serious illness that can ruin gaming. It is however treatable! Do not be ashamed, seek help today!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post

Remember, TtGTS (Taking the Game Too Seriously) is a serious illness that can ruin gaming. It is however treatable! Do not be ashamed, seek help today!

Lol. Loved your links. I may have to steal them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyEx View Post
Lol. Loved your links. I may have to steal them.
Be my guest and don't forget, TtGTS is srs bzns and should be mentioned in your signature so the afflicted may find comfort.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post

Noooooooo, not That Guy! The guy that plays the game alone, the loser. Suddenly you're not in it for fun anymore and the goonish grins of your uncoordinated friends fill you with contempt. And so you seek out other That Guys for a decent challenge, and then you're lost, you're a fanboy. Congratulations, line up for your free t-shirt and cat-ears.

And yes, I am taking this several orders of magnitude too seriously. I just use my mains for more RP uses than the others, so i feel that the 'events' of my gameplay should happen to them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Does anyone else have similar sentiments or an I being paranoid?
Nope, I just plaed my KDF char in STFs since he is the one having the stuff for is most important to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2011, 03:40 PM
I have definately found this. I log in a few of my alts just for doffs..and then log in my main for doffs and STF's....figured when I finally get the gear I want, I'll start all over on an alt.