Lt. Commander
STO has a great feature in the modular design feature, but I think we could be making a lot better use of it. TAke the Intrepid class, for example. The Discovery, Cochrane and Bellerophon varients are all very nice, but they are still minor variants of the Intrepid design. Why not give us some more options and some more radical options. e.g. with the Intrepid class, all your varients have elongated ovals running fore to aft. Why not one varient that turns the saucer 90 degrees, another that is a triangle and another that is a perfect circle? What about engines that vary significantly in length as well as round or linear?

I see some of these ideas, e.g. the Celestial has a round saucer option of the galaxy, but there is no fore to aft version.

As long as you already have this technology in the game I think you should make more use of it and give us more ship costume options. I think it would be cool to have 'parts' packs. Say with just engine parts. These could be stolen from other designs at times, e.g. why not let you put Excelesior engines on a Galaxy?

Seems like this would be worth exploring more.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm afraid this can't happen because the game engine this game is designed on is really, REALLY simple and can't handle the sort of customisable depth you are talking about.

Seriously its funny people consider it a complete engine.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonestel
STO has a great feature in the modular design feature, but I think we could be making a lot better use of it. TAke the Intrepid class, for example. The Discovery, Cochrane and Bellerophon varients are all very nice, but they are still minor variants of the Intrepid design. Why not give us some more options and some more radical options. e.g. with the Intrepid class, all your varients have elongated ovals running fore to aft. Why not one varient that turns the saucer 90 degrees, another that is a triangle and another that is a perfect circle? What about engines that vary significantly in length as well as round or linear?

I see some of these ideas, e.g. the Celestial has a round saucer option of the galaxy, but there is no fore to aft version.

As long as you already have this technology in the game I think you should make more use of it and give us more ship costume options. I think it would be cool to have 'parts' packs. Say with just engine parts. These could be stolen from other designs at times, e.g. why not let you put Excelesior engines on a Galaxy?

Seems like this would be worth exploring more.
I would love this feature! Myself and alt of people ahve thought and mentioned this but nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
It CAN handle this, they've already done it once or twice. Maybe they can't give us hundreds of options, but they can give us a circle a square and a triangle shaped hull for promethus variants instead of three triangles.