Lt. Commander
Hi Cryptic. Thanks for all the work you've done since the game's launch in early 2010. I was a beta tester and I played during the first month or so of the game's release. I LOVE Star Trek and I was honestly disappointed in the game and I canceled my subscription. I might have played for two months or just for the month I got from buying the game. I knew you'd eventually keep updating the game if people kept playing, but I couldn't afford it and I admit I jumped ship pun intended.

Well, I caught news of the game going Free To Play and I was unsure of whether I'd want to play again, so I looked up (on Wikipedia, actually) all the Season updates you've made to the game. I was so excited by what I read about what you worked on that I decided not to wait until January 17, 2012 when the game goes free and I subscribed...

I am extremely pleased with all the fun I have been having. You managed to keep everything I felt was great about the originally released game and you've fixed and built upon what I considered the weaker elements wonderfully. I am so pleased I plan on keeping my subscription despite not having much money. I was too cynical to believe this game would ever entice me to play again, but you've done the impossible, Cryptic. I wanted to let you and the other players know, especially the skeptical people who haven't decided to try the game since the early days.

Good work, and thanks for taking care of STO for so long in the absence of players like me, we're sorry we left,
Henry Taylor@rantaboutfuture (my char's name in game, not my name)
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 03:39 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Glad you enjoy the game now! Have fun with the full 4 hours of extra content Cryptic has added since launch! See you around the stars.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree. Yes, undeniably some of Cryptic's business moves have been less than honest with regards to a lot of "new" stuff being pushed to the C-Store, but I put this down to prep for F2P which regardless of what Cryptic say I think they wanted to do much earlier. I tend to only play MMO's for a few months at a time, although lately not by choice but there have been huge improvements in numerous areas. Saying that though, we are at the stage which I believe a lot of people expected at launch... but that's a different can o' worms all together .
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2011, 04:08 PM
It turns out, as I've been reading some of the Dev updates posts (I am stuck at school right now waiting for some people to work on a group project, or I;'d be home playing) that a lot of the things I am loving about the game right now came along with Season 5 updates: Duty Officer system, new Mission Journal (my favorite addition, I think), and the Path to 2409 Starfleet Academy missions... So I guess I picked a great time to re-subscribe! I also really like the shooter control scheme on ground missions. I find the controls more exciting, mostly responsive, and I enjoy the ground missions more as a result. I can't wait for the ground skill updates to make ground combat even more interesting.

And thanks to everyone who posts nice, supportive comments. To anyone who might use a reply to this post as a chance to vent negative feelings: You know that it just makes you seem really angry and doesn't fix anything, don't you? There are better, more direct ways to explain that you don't like something or someone then lacing everything you say with negativity. Just saying.

I've been playing LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) since it has gone F2P and I think that F2P will be a good transition for STO. In a F2P MMO market, the best games that can entice the largest fandoms will win players, and I think STO has shaped up pretty well. It even inspired me to finally finish watching Voyager, which I considered lacking and stopped watching around Season 4 when I was younger. I'm actually enjoying Voyager, now. Even TNG had some weird episodes that weren't the most satisfying and its fun to have a lot of Trek to watch again after rewatching TNG recently. Thanks [streaming video web service company]flix! Can't wait until THEY go F2P... hah... just hoping, that's not actually coming or anything that I know of.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Welcome Back Dude...

Some of Us stuck it out...

You get to reap Our Moaning & Groaning results...

It ain't perfect... yet... but it's getting there...