Lt. Commander
# 121
07-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok Went to the ATI site and they have the Option to download an entire suite or just the Display driver any recommendations there? Should I run into any issues with the latest driver?
Lt. Commander
# 122
07-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Hey guys, so I just paid for the life-time sub and have been playing for more than half a year. Never had a single problem before, but today when I tried to log on I can't get passed the character selection screen, sometimes can't even get to there.

I have unstalled and reinstalled the game and it didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Also, my Klingon toon was in a mission when I logged him out.
Lt. Commander
# 123
07-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Good Luck They don't care I have had a ticket open for nearly a week because the game client has crashed consistently since the new patch and got no responce. I went to their live chat and asked that all lost time be rolled over because it was due to the patch that I have been unable to play the game I pay monthly for and this has happened in other MMORPGs and they have given me those days. They responded that they would not as its a violation of TOS and to just cancel my subscription and submit a ticket (At this point my technical Ticket had been unanswered for over 4 days)

I replied back I felt it was beyond sad that they cared so little for customer service and even blamed me in their wording as if its my fault for subscribing in the first place and told them that I felt they were just robbing my bank account by not just giving me the days which I have and continue to be unable to play the game which is reasonable. They saw otherwise and will not budge, I informed them I would be going above their heads about this and they closed the ticket and said this issue is resolved even if I was not satisfied.

I've played a lot of MMORPGs but I have never been treated so poorly nor with such lack of care for the customer.
Lt. Commander
# 124 color issues
07-18-2011, 09:34 PM
i am having a color issue with the game. currently everything is very red. i am not computer savy and need some advice. i downloaded directx 9.0c but dont know how to install it. it asks me where to unpack file too, i have no clue. my laptop is brand new.
its has a radeon hd6770m graphics card w/2gb of video memory
running wndows 7
has 8gb ram

please advise.
Lt. Commander
# 125
09-16-2011, 10:09 PM
I am having the same issue. Was running fine, then since the patch it keeps crashing on me, yet other people I know don't have this problem
Lt. Commander
# 126
09-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffybo View Post
i am having a color issue with the game. currently everything is very red. i am not computer savy and need some advice.

Have you tried to disable the Postprocessing effect in-game options? Because if its turned on everything looks red.
Hope it helps, greetings
Lt. Commander
# 127
10-26-2011, 04:05 PM
None of these suggestions solve the issue I am having with playing Star Trek Online. I was a Beta tester and then played for like two weeks after launch. There were so many bugs I got frustrated and left. I came back and low and behold -I am still having issues. I played through the starting area and was about to go the the star base. It goes to the loading screen, and poof at 34% through I am getting "Server not Responding" and then I am shown the door! This is not inspiring me to stay around. I have sent two tickets and have had no reply to either. I cannot even find a company phone number anywhere to call and talk to someone about this. Please help me. I have tried to make it through with two different characters and the same result happens.
Lt. Commander
# 128
10-26-2011, 08:11 PM
that sounds like a bad connection on your end. I've played through the tutorial tons of times.
Lt. Commander
# 129 Error message
12-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Has anyone seen this error before? Is this a sign I need to re-install the game?

Fatal error decompressing data.
Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Armor/F_uniform_Armor_04_S.Wt ex:

This happens on any character for holodeck but not on Tribble. I have a support ticket opened up but not sure how long it will take for them to get around to it. I have done the forced verify option and the safe mode option from the launcher with no success. Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks in advance for any suggestions
Lt. Commander
# 130
12-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovah View Post
Has anyone seen this error before? Is this a sign I need to re-install the game?

Fatal error decompressing data.
Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Armor/F_uniform_Armor_04_S.Wt ex:

This happens on any character for holodeck but not on Tribble. I have a support ticket opened up but not sure how long it will take for them to get around to it. I have done the forced verify option and the safe mode option from the launcher with no success. Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks in advance for any suggestions
best bet is to delete the textures.hoggs files in the /live/piggs folder.
and have the launcher download new ones. (you may need to turn off your antivirus program during the update as some programs will corrupt the files on download like panda 2011)