Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
12-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
One thing is for sure, and that is you have no idea what you are talking about.
It seemed pretty clear to me, although I doubt the legalities are quite that straight forward.

Geko's statements however, are very straight forward. I hope this can be resolved amicably...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
12-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
If we are not getting those then that for me is Cryptic basically telling mistruths as far as I am concerned. For anybody who says this wasnt a mistruth then the correction should have come at the time the statement was made. Note I am trying really hard to avoid the words lie and deceit here.
erm....

there is no such thing as a 'mistruth' when you say something it is either the truth or a lie. If in fact cryptic actually did this then it should be called what it is, a lie.

Quote:
if they want to put them in the store then thats their right, even if people dont like, but dont say one thing and do another.
If they actually did this it isn't there right to do so at all. That would be, among other things, bait and switch. The word fraud also comes to mind.

Quote:
If the response to your ticket is to be believed, and there no response to this thread, then Cryptic has outright lied to the community and needs to be held accountable.
and this surprises you? its not the first time they've done that

Quote:
left hand.....right hand.....neither knowing what the other is doing.....plausible deniability would be the most likely route they will take. yes a gold said xxxx, but someone else decided against it and either didn't inform him or said don't mention this and we'll just sneak it in there like we like to do.
there is no such thing as plausible deniablity in this situation. such a person represents the company in an official capacity. its absurd to claim they didn't know what they were supposed to tell their customers. when they make claims like that they can be held to them regardless of later 'decisions'

the fact is, these situations are becoming more and more common. if they keep doing it, sooner or later they're going to get official complaints about it and a fraud investigation

[quote[If we don't get this we were outright lied to and might as well stay bend over because we can never believe anything any Cryptic personnel tells us[/quote]

I haven't believed anything cryptic claimed since dstahl made that idiotic 'debatable' comment

Quote:
This is a topic I have been waiting for a response from since this mess first went live. Like I said in one of the other t3 t5 threads out there. The devs wont touch this topic with a 50 foot pole.
they don't have a choice. refuse to do anything about it and they risk someone going over their head and filing official complaints and causing cryptic serious problems. they don't need or want investigations into their business practices and fraud complaints on the verge of relaunching the game

Quote:
If you say something you really ought to keep to it.
correction: when a business makes a claim like that to a paying customer they are required to keep it

Quote:
This again is a CRYSTAL CLEAR example that the internal communications of cryptic, have completely and utterly failed. Things like this should be communicated clearly and consistently throughout all departments via whatever method it takes to get it out.
that assumes this is an internal communications problem and not intentionally bsing people. considering their track record i'm more likely to believe its intentional

Quote:
Doesn't matter if he was wrong or not. It was posted as official communication on the situation at the time, if it was not the case, they are still legally obligated to honor it. Otherwise it becomes false advertisement, which while I can't speak for other countries, is illegal in all 50 states of the US.
Quote:
One thing is for sure, and that is you have no idea what you are talking about.
actually edward_cullen, what he said was 100% accurate, according to US law

Quote:
It seemed pretty clear to me, although I doubt the legalities are quite that straight forward.
no its pretty straight forward actually. its the same reason if they misprint a walmart flyer and say that something is on sale for $350 when the actual sale is $450 they still are required to give it to you for the price they advertised in the flyer. happens more often than you might think.

hopefully this is resolved soon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
12-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
erm....

there is no such thing as a 'mistruth' when you say something it is either the truth or a lie. If in fact cryptic actually did this then it should be called what it is, a lie.
Being wrong and lying are not the same thing. A lie is when you intentionally deceive someone. And that means you know what you are saying is wrong when you are saying it. If you say something you think is true and then later you find out it isnt, that isnt a lie, it just means you were wrong.

As far as the subject of this thread goes, I believe Geko thought what he was saying was true. The question is whether the people who gave him his answer were lying or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
12-06-2011, 07:48 PM
where is this answer Gecko gave i cant find it in the dev tracker
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
12-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0vastar
where is this answer Gecko gave i cant find it in the dev tracker
Linked by Kobayashi Maru on page 2:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...94#post3840094
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0vastar
where is this answer Gecko gave i cant find it in the dev tracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...94#post3840094
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Here is the deal. There seems to be some misinterpretation of my following statement, and an error on my part:

"BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied."


What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

If anyone made a C-Store purchase before Season 5 went live, and your ability to claim that purchased item has changed, please let us know and we will work to correct the discrepancy.

Hope this clears things up.


Best Regards,

-geko
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available.
I'm sorry, but this confuses me. What "bundle" are you talking about?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
12-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Here is the deal. There seems to be some misinterpretation of my following statement, and an error on my part:

"BTW, if you bought the T5 excelsior, you should be able to continue to claim the both the T5 and T3 variant. Only going forward will they be sold separately (BTW, the T5 Excelsior is getting reverted on Tribble to the way it is on holodeck now. You may have to discard your tribble T5 Excelsior and reclaim it to fix it. The T3 Excelsior is just plain getting better. This change to the T5 Excelsior is not in yet, but it's on its way). In fact, any item that changed from an account unlock to a character unlock, or any purchase that gave you something in the past that it no longer gives you (like the T5/T3 Excelsior and Nebula bundles) will be honored, and was always planned to be honored, and nothing less was ever implied."


What I was saying was if you purchased a T5/T3 Excelsior or T5/T3 Nebula bundle before Season 5 went live, then "you should be able to continue to claim…both the T5 and T3 variant (once season 5 goes live)". I have been informed that that bundle was never released. I was under the impression that some players had purchased this bundle, which is what the statement assumes. However, this was an error and said bundle was never actually made available. My statement never meant to imply in any way to go buy a T5 Excelsior now because when Season 5 comes out, you will get a free T3 Excelsior. Our goal, as we have always stated, was that we would continue to honor any purchase made before any Season 5 changes. I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion.

If anyone made a C-Store purchase before Season 5 went live, and your ability to claim that purchased item has changed, please let us know and we will work to correct the discrepancy.

Hope this clears things up.


Best Regards,

-geko
Respectfully, Geko... Whatever your intented statement might have been, your words said something entirely different, and a lot of people have subsequently lost out as a result.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
12-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm sorry, but this confuses me. What "bundle" are you talking about?
There never was a bundle. It might have been kicked around in house but it was never released.

At least that is what I gleaned from his statement.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:36 AM.