Lt. Commander
# 11
12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Seems like Drain attacks and related skills are working too well while otehrs do not work at all.
What is this KDF shield stripper thing actually called?
Yeah, I looked all through the shipyard, but couldn't find Holly anywhere to get shield suckers from
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Yeah, I looked all through the shipyard, but couldn't find Holly anywhere to get shield suckers from
Did use more than 1 dollar bills to entice Holly to strip? I find 20's work well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I ran my carrier in some pvp the other day and i gotta say my power drain build was pretty fun. I got one guy seperated from the pack and between siphon pods, borg tractor, qnd cycling energy siphon 2 and 3 I had the poor guy completely shut down. I just sat on his side arc and let my polaron beams wear him down.

I gotta admit that it didnt work so well in the middle of the pack. But I'm not sure how much of that was just being in the middle of the fight and how much was Era shooting my pets down as fast as they spawned.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-07-2011, 12:02 AM
They are called Tachyon Drones and come as a hangar bay craft on the corsair flight deck cruiser. After you claim it from the c-store you can just equip them in your other carriers/flight-deck cruiser. They only seem to list their drain as -3 per facing but it seems it's much more than that/scales too well with skilling.

In PvE they don't seem to work so well. First thing to die, as the ai loves to target them above players, guess PvP is what they are good for.

When I tried them on my kar'fi it seems that I can only deploy 2 max, but on flight deck cruisers 4 will pop out at a time, not sure if that is a bug or not.

Plasmonic leech console from a vandal put on a bird of prey with polaron cannons/turrets and a aceton assimilator from the draguas science vessel seems to be a nasty combo for leeching power also. well, provided nobody fires torpedoes/kinetic damage at the assimilator and stay within range of it.

I'm not fully specced into boosting aceton assimilator or have consoles but it lists it as having -30 all power systems each second to target (aoe around itself in about 4-5km it seems) and can drop 2 of them at a time.