Lt. Commander
# 11
12-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Yep, I read somewhere in the forums before the Season 5 that the Excelsior was going to get trashed. They were right. I use to hold my own against 2 or 3 klink ships in PVP but now I have a hard time against even 1. And the enemy ship can stay on one shield all they want and kill the Excelsior easy. I've been working on the buffs and skills but nothings really helped yet.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Really?
12-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
Yep, I read somewhere in the forums before the Season 5 that the Excelsior was going to get trashed. They were right. I use to hold my own against 2 or 3 klink ships in PVP but now I have a hard time against even 1. And the enemy ship can stay on one shield all they want and kill the Excelsior easy. I've been working on the buffs and skills but nothings really helped yet.
I didnt seem to notice.....i still do decent overall dmg over time and my turn (while seemingly slower) isnt much of a hinderance. Also my survivability also seems a little down graded but not that bad IMO. I can still hold my own with 2 on 1 rather nicely.

I think the new skill tree has made it to where you really have to rethink your BO abilities and how you want to use them....less focus on your char ability and more focus on your BO ability as it contributes to your survivability as a whole.

Not a great change, but not bad...more balanced IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Thats not the experince I'm seeing in Ker'rat. Those Excelsiors (Cruisers in general) seem to still be holding their own against multiple foes fairly well.
Castogere has the right of it and his suggestion to rethink your build and SP use may hold the key.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Thats not the experince I'm seeing in Ker'rat. Those Excelsiors (Cruisers in general) seem to still be holding their own against multiple foes fairly well.
Castogere has the right of it and his suggestion to rethink your build and SP use may hold the key.
Exactly. My Excel' seems to be doing just fine (especially when teamwork it out there). Am I a God? No. Am I giving as good as I am getting? More than before.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm still working on it. I just got hammered in a PVP but on the overall damage I was third but nobody on the fed side won a fight.

Like the first post, I've noticed a conciderable loss of manuvers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
I'm still working on it. I just got hammered in a PVP but on the overall damage I was third but nobody on the fed side won a fight.

Like the first post, I've noticed a conciderable loss of manuvers.
Double check your skill tree. Make sure that the skills you have match your playstyle, ship needs (ie turning, hull etc) and BOff powers. If you dont match those out, it will be harder to do as well.