Lt. Commander
# 51
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM
You also have the option to go to your bridge and do what you want already. The other players have the option to not do that and everything's equal. Why give an option that penalizes people who have no interest in zoning to their bridge or interior? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm asking why institute a loaded option for something that's already possible and doesn't affect those who aren't interested in that aspect of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepunderh2o View Post
It's not very optional if there's a bonus attached to it and others have basically said it should be mandatory for various reasons.
Quote:
You also have the option to go to your bridge and do what you want already. The other players have the option to not do that and everything's equal. Why give an option that penalizes people who have no interest in zoning to their bridge or interior? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm asking why institute a loaded option for something that's already possible and doesn't affect those who aren't interested in that aspect of the game.
Other than a couple of posts with "Pipe-Dreams for what they would like to see happen (Not mandatory)...

And one post that Nagus pointed out had ALSO missed his original OPTIONAL intent...

I didn't see anybody else posting or agreeing with your premise.

Having something that's OPTIONAL for the DOff part of the game, would NOT be precedent setting...,

... as the STF's are already quite OPTIONAL, for their gear...

...using any of the C-Store Ships are OPTIONAL, to play the game...

...Teaming-Up to do 95% of the Missions is OPTIONAL, but not necessary to play the game...

...Crafting is OPTIONAL (though really suckey ATM), but Not necessary to play the game...

Shall I go on...?...
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
You also have the option to go to your bridge and do what you want already.
No one said you didnt
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-06-2011, 05:08 PM
It's not that much different than the event system. More anomalies and xp points for different things during specific hours, except this would be for a specific location: in any ship interior.
What would be interesting, is if they could re-task the console in our readyrooms to be able to view DOFF assignments in each sector, so that we could look into where we want to go next. I'm not saying to give us the ability to accept missions from everywhere at once, just give us a briefing of what is on the table and where. Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
No one said you didnt
I'm not saying that anyone did. But you ignored the rest of what I wrote and have yet to answer the simple question of why you want this added to the game. I'll just assume it's either "because I just want it" or "because other stuff in the game is optional and i just want it".
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
I'm not saying that anyone did. But you ignored the rest of what I wrote and have yet to answer the simple question of why you want this added to the game.
The answer to your question is already in the OP. If you havent read that, then theres no reason to bother repeating it again