Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 stahl back at cryptic
12-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Might be old news, or not true at all.. But is Stahl back at Cryptic?
And why is he not at the helm of STO?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumpan View Post
Might be old news, or not true at all.. But is Stahl back at Cryptic?
And why is he not at the helm of STO?
Yes... about two weeks old...

He's back as the Foundry EP.

And your guess is as good a mine as to why He didn't come back to the STO EP position.

Though the big one may be He didn't want it back.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-07-2011, 01:20 AM
It has been confirmed.

He approached Jack Emmert (Cryptic's CEO) recently about coming back to Cryptic.

For the time being, he's in the newly created position of Executive Producerof the Foundry.

There are multiple reasons why this might be the case. Stahl did leave Cryptic not that long ago. Cryptic might already have a replacement in the works after Steven steps down. The plan might be, longterm, to swap Steven and Dan back out but the timing might not have been right. The Foundry needs a lot of work right now as the central feature of NWO and something that's been discussed for Champs. I know it drives Jack crazy how unstable it's been in STO.

Depending on how far Cryptic is in finding a permanent replacement on STO, it might have been a challenge to create a role for Dan back at Cryptic since I don't think they foresaw him coming back this soon, if at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
It has been confirmed.

He approached Jack Emmert (Cryptic's CEO) recently about coming back to Cryptic.

For the time being, he's in the newly created position of Executive Producerof the Foundry.

There are multiple reasons why this might be the case. Stahl did leave Cryptic not that long ago. Cryptic might already have a replacement in the works after Steven steps down. The plan might be, longterm, to swap Steven and Dan back out but the timing might not have been right. The Foundry needs a lot of work right now as the central feature of NWO and something that's been discussed for Champs. I know it drives Jack crazy how unstable it's been in STO.

Depending on how far Cryptic is in finding a permanent replacement on STO, it might have been a challenge to create a role for Dan back at Cryptic since I don't think they foresaw him coming back this soon, if at all.
Glad to hear that he is back on Cryptic.. they need guys like him.

Now Steven, if you read this, give your job to Stahl ASAP plz...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Sometimes when an employee gets re-hired, especially because the company wants them back, the employee may get hired to a position of more importance than they had before. I think that this is the case with DStahl.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post

Though the big one may be He didn't want it back.
We all know it can be an unforgiving and thankless job.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Sometimes when an employee gets re-hired, especially because the company wants them back, the employee may get hired to a position of more importance than they had before. I think that this is the case with DStahl.
There could be a number of reason why DStahl didn't come back to the STO EP position:

1) He might not have wanted to (IE One of the reasions he was looking to ZYNGA at the time was it was something different and he was getting burned oiut - in addition to the fact it was closer to his home, may have been more money, etc.)

2) PWE/Cryptic may not have wanted him back in the position at this time (IE - It might look bad publically as some could infer Steven D'Angelo wasn't doing the job well; and Stephen was stated to be the EP at least until F2P launched - mand while it m ay be on Holodeck the 'official F2P launch' is just a month away.

3) They may have already offered the permanent STO EP position to someone else, and they already accepted - and at that point it would be bad form (and actionable if a contract was signed) to say "Sorry, we're giving the position back to the former holder - here, want to tale this position instead.

Or it cold be something else entirely. Is it also possible the after F2P is officially launched, DStahl could step back into the role? Yes, but given everything said to date, I think it's unlikely (even though I for one would be happy to see DStahl return to the position of STO EP myself.)

One way or another, we'll know for sure in a few months.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-07-2011, 10:56 AM
well, now that he is back, he can tell us right?

I meen, he was allways so open and straight forward.. He can tell us if he will be taking the chair when
F2P goes live..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumpan View Post
well, now that he is back, he can tell us right?
He did tell us he's back. In the thread, that just before I post this, is exactly 6 lines below this one, http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3884315
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd hope that Dan could still be a consultant to STO, even if he doesn't actually work on it day to day. Kind of like how Bill Gates is still on the board of Microsoft despite not being the CEO anymore.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.