Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Was about to post a new thread about this, but I see this is a known issue. I really hope they fix it soon, I almost never want to visit my bridge anymore, it just looks so stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-06-2011, 10:24 PM
that's what I keep saying... it is terrible and takes ALL the immersion out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah, this has to be one of the most annoying bugs in the game. It's not a game killer or anything, but it takes all of the fun out of going to your bridge. Since a lot of people on this forum have complained about it and people have even talked of no longer playing the game over it, I don't know why Cryptic refuses to fix or even address this bug. Note to Crypitc: If you don't give the people what they want, the people will take their money and go elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-06-2011, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to an uncommented variable that got re-used in some script without someone realizing what was happening. It's an annoying issue when on my bridge, but I think the issue people are really having is that it's such a glaring and seemingly simple thing. Unlike balancing difficulty or tracking down memory leaks, it's just a very visible bug that makes the game look unpolished, just like falling through the ground in many of the exploration maps. While the glitch itself is likely minor, the impact on the community is anything but. Even for those that don't really make a big deal about it, it's just one of those things that they see has not been solved, although many tickets have been submitted over the past 3-4 months.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-07-2011, 06:45 AM
I just re subscribed to STO and this kind of things just make me want to quit again.

pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes fix it please gone on for too long now!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Yes. Also another awesome update from Zero:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
The fix is not a simple or safe one, so we might not see it go live for a week or two yet. But we haven't forgotten it, promise.
The best thread to watch for this seems to be here (below), so probably best to direct anyone asking to this post:
Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Tribble - Free-to-Play Test Server > Announcements and Release Notes TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 5, 2011

Thanks Zero !

Also a great thread to watch to stay up on the actual status of the bug on Holodeck is here and has started to provide some much needed, good natured, catharsis for the situation:

Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Feedback > Bridge Officers and BOff Powers

Clone Watch: Invasion of BOff Clones - We Watch the Clones so You Don't Have To

Excerpt edited by Searcher-Soldier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusTong View Post
STO: Tunes Part 2
Bridge Clones vs. The Major General
(Sung to the Tune of Gilbert and Sullivan’s “Major General Song” The Orion Pirates of Penzance)

…The duplicated officers are needing some psychology.
Their shared birthdays make contradictions of the BOffs astrology.
Tom Riker was created by an old transporter miracle,
Which led to some results that were considered NOT satirical.
This coding error touches every Federation Admiral,
And Nausicaan, Orion, Gorn and Klingon Major General…

…They wield vast energies like quantum, nadion or graviton,
Transphasic, Tetryon or Plasma, Polaron or Chroniton.
But most are cloned and this is bad (except for slave girls Orion)
Our Bridge of Merry Men: Four Friar Tucks and yes, Four Little Johns.
Since 8/11 duplicated officers have seized the conn.
So many days and no one really knows what watch they’re standing on…