Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
This is a weird bug...at least, I hope it's a bug and not by design. When I beam into my bridge, I'm finding multitudes of the same 3 officers. I currently have 4 Tarahs(my Tac officer), 4 Drezadas, my science office,r and 4 Ivys, my Borg officer. What is this tomfoolery? You're only supposed to clone when you die! >_>
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2011, 10:00 PM
It is a bug. It is on all ships on all accounts for at least the last 6 months.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Guess that's what I get for not logging on in ages, lol. How strange.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2011, 10:46 PM
It sure feels like 6 months. I think the confirmed count is more like 120 days. It was recently mentioned in dev follow ups to maintenance reports and a fix is supposedly on it's way to holodeck sometime soon-ish.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Shhh... Don't use Soon(tm), blizzard will get angry :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
It sure feels like 6 months. I think the confirmed count is more like 120 days. It was recently mentioned in dev follow ups to maintenance reports and a fix is supposedly on it's way to holodeck sometime soon-ish.
it has been 6 month or more now and they doing nothing about it and its starting to p.... well you know!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Not true that the devs are doing nothing. Here is another awesome update from Zero:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
The fix is not a simple or safe one, so we might not see it go live for a week or two yet. But we haven't forgotten it, promise.
The best thread to watch for this seems to be here (below), so probably best to direct anyone asking to this post:
Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Tribble - Free-to-Play Test Server > Announcements and Release Notes TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 5, 2011

Thanks Zero !

Also a great thread to watch to stay up on the actual status of the bug on Holodeck is here and has started to provide some much needed, good natured, catharsis for the situation:

Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Feedback > Bridge Officers and BOff Powers

Clone Watch: Invasion of BOff Clones - We Watch the Clones so You Don't Have To

Excerpt edited by Searcher-Soldier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusTong View Post
STO: Tunes Part 2
Bridge Clones vs. The Major General
(Sung to the Tune of Gilbert and Sullivan’s “Major General Song” The Orion Pirates of Penzance)

…The duplicated officers are needing some psychology.
Their shared birthdays make contradictions of the BOffs astrology.
Tom Riker was created by an old transporter miracle,
Which led to some results that were considered NOT satirical.
This coding error touches every Federation Admiral,
And Nausicaan, Orion, Gorn and Klingon Major General…

…They wield vast energies like quantum, nadion or graviton,
Transphasic, Tetryon or Plasma, Polaron or Chroniton.
But most are cloned and this is bad (except for slave girls Orion)
Our Bridge of Merry Men: Four Friar Tucks and yes, Four Little Johns.
Since 8/11 duplicated officers have seized the conn.
So many days and no one really knows what watch they’re standing on…
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Cryptic has not addressed this in an official report, but they are keeping us informed via follow up posts to the official reports.

Months ago this was by far the main item that made my STO play time a little bit less fun than usual. The first time I saw the bug I found quite a bit of humor in it and I thought "Wow, that's a major bug, I'm sure they will hear about that and fix it soon." After three months of no response it was becoming quite a sore spot.

The devs have now addressed it and I am thankful that the situation has been acknowledged and that the devs are keeping us informed of their progress.

The 'Clone Watch' parody list has been awesome so far. With the solid response from the devs, I'm free to enjoy trying to find some humor in the situation once again.

In the meantime there are now a whole slew of immersion destroying items that are not being sufficiently addressed. I am ready to lend my voice to encouraging more / better responses from the devs on those other issues.