Lt. Commander
# 41
12-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShip
Just another company refusing too call the holiday christmas... this is the christmas event on a usa based game, so it should be called the CHRISTMAS EVENT

why dont you take a look at this song emphizing that christmas should be called christmas not HAPPY HOILDAYS
Let's not go there, friend. That's a can of gagh that will end in bitterness and unpleasantness.

---

So, let's see.... I guess a holiday event is always kind of cool in a game. I have fond memories of the multiple holiday events in FFXI. City of Heroes has some good ones, too.

But... I dont know. Maybe I'm just feeling scroogeish, or maybe it's just immersion-breaking for me, but I don't like the idea of a holiday event in Star Trek. Still, it's an event to bring together the community, so I shan't complain.

ETA: Snowklink with stick'leth is awesome. =)
Lt. Commander
# 42 Christmas in the nexus
12-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Hmmm. Snow Slide for prizes. Check. Snowballs. Check. Scarves and other holiday themed gifts. Check. Sounds a lot like the same Christmas that went on in a certain OTHER former Cryptic game. Something about a city of larger-than-life saviors.

Why not do something a bit more creative? Christmas in the Ribbon, for example. Picard had one. :p
Well it is said in star trek generations that the nexus should return to federation space in the year 2410

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/25th_century
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
how long until pvp'ers complain that the snowballs are over powered ?
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-07-2011, 10:38 AM
I, for one, can't wait. I love stuff like this. It's nice in a game like this just to have fun for a bit. Christmas, holiday, winter event. Who cares what its called. I'll race you to the snow fort.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
If food doesn't strike your fancy, feel free to trade your Holiday Collectibles for several variants on festive holiday scarves
Respect Loss

Just......wow...really....scarves? We have medical technology to stop us from being cold....

/ultimate facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
Frosty the Snow-Borg,
Was a jolly standard drone,
With drill for an arm,
and a laser-eye,
and a WE ARE THE BORG, LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIPS. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Down to the Starbase
With a phaser in his arm
Walking to and fro
very very slow
Saying "YOU WILL BE BORG. SURRENDER THIS FACILITY. WE WILL ADD YOUR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN."
I'm trying not to burst out laughing at my university's library
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-08-2011, 03:29 AM
What's UP, Jeremy?!
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-08-2011, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunter View Post
how long until pvp'ers complain that the snowballs are over powered ?
How long until the PvE Heroes cry nerf because they get one-shotted?
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Its new content it maybe a race it maybe be fun but its nothing to the animals running around

There are animals running around in sto