Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
12-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
WoW! Is she a Maine Coon cat to make such kills? Or just a ferociuos kitty?
If she lives still, treat her with honor. She deserves it.
She was just plain ferocious. I don't think she ever weighed more than 8# her entire life.

Alas, she died five years ago. She disappeared around Labor Day, and I figured she had been wounded in a fight and then crawled off to recuperate. But then her remains were found in a neighbor's flower bed. She had decomposed in the summer heat, but her skin and bones were arranged as if she had been curled up and simply died in her sleep. She hadn't been predated on; everything was still in place. It was as if she was such a bad*** that the neighborhood dogs and wildlife were still afraid to mess with her even after death.

Her ashes occupy a place of honor on a high bookshelf, looking down upon all who pass by.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
12-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Her ashes occupy a place of honor on a high bookshelf, looking down upon all who pass by.
As they should. Enter her domain and fear her wrath, those whom seek harm to her humans.
Qa'pla!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
As I stated before, the thread's title is pretty ambiguous, thus resulting in a bunch of knee-jerk posts. Current T5 BoP's have 4 universal consoles and Battle-Cloak -- Removing either of these properties pretty much insures that the final resulting ship will not be a BoP.

Had the title been "Sci-based Raptor needed for KDF," then the thread's title would have matched the topic with little chance of misunderstanding.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeism
The Sheer amount of feds not actually reading the post, or failing to understand that the OP wants the MVAM AE BO loadout in a new BOP VARIANT, NOT the actual MVAM ability....is STAGGERING....does no one read anymore?

I love how anytime you say to someone who plays exclusively fed that klinks need some new ships, they're responses are always, " nah nah u got carriers and insta win button bops with scary battle cloak and uni consoles! your OP!"

Fly a klink, and you'll understand why BoPs are a bit underpowered when compared to ships like the MVAM and the raptors turn rate to me always results in a loss to a defiant when squared off with an equally skilled player, it needs something, I'd settle for better turn rate. BoPs pay HEAVILY for those abilities, which by the way are as much of a blessing as they are a curse...try battlecloaking when someone has just launched a whole slew of torpedoes at you, or fly thru a tachyeon Detection Grid, Or get hit with a fed torpedo SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO KILL CLOAKED SHIPS! I mean, the counters to cloaked ships fed side are incrediable, and the risks of battle cloaking equally high. Takes skill to make those ships work, and asking to be on par with the rest of the game is not asking too much.

I would Kill for a new T5 BoP or raptor with a unique 5 BO fixed Bo stations, with on par hull and shields.

and to the person saying that feds have worse cruisers vs the klinks..... really? you want a vorcha refit? fly a sovereign, IDENTICAL LOADOUT, cept the vorcha has cloak, big woop when your a lumbering cruiser...and Excelsior anyone? theres no equivalent kdf side...you like the marauder? fly a star cruiser... I mean...are we playing the same game here?

For the record I have 3 feds as well as 3 klinks, and its far easier to roflstomp on my feds ships..

Rant over.
Thank you.

Yes, That is what I ment. Im not talking about the console AT ALL. I'm just talking about a BoP with MVAM/AE similar Bridge officer setup.

At least we have something that is equivalent and just as powerful, with 4 Tact Consoles, etc... No full universal. Alot of people just wanna play pure dps and the rest for survivability, and I know the Heghta/Retrofit BoP can do that as well, but still limited and its not equal to a Advanced Escort with Beta mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
As I stated before, the thread's title is pretty ambiguous, thus resulting in a bunch of knee-jerk posts. Current T5 BoP's have 4 universal consoles and Battle-Cloak -- Removing either of these properties pretty much insures that the final resulting ship will not be a BoP.

Had the title been "Sci-based Raptor needed for KDF," then the thread's title would have matched the topic with little chance of misunderstanding.
Who's talking about removing the Cloak?

Its just simple

MVAM
You gain 2 pets with subsystem targetting and can be good to trigger phaser procs.
Beta mode is superior so lets say this one has 35,000 hull points.
4 Tactical Consoles, 3 Sci consoles, 2 Engi consoles.


Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Science
Ensign Science


This BOP im talking about;
You gain a Battlecloak, versus the 2 pets you gain with the MVAM, you would lose some additional hull points to make it more fair. So lets make it 31K Hull or slightly higher.
4 Tactical consoles, 3 Science and 2 Engi.

Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Science
Ensign Science


Pretty simple, now we have a BoP with same setup as AE (Or MVAM) and its somewhat comparable to an AE/mvam with Beta mode. BOth have trade offs,

Until there is an equivalent ship on the KDF side I wont be playing it much. Its just too bad
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Its just simple

MVAM
You gain 2 pets with subsystem targetting and can be good to trigger phaser procs.
Beta mode is superior so lets say this one has 35,000 hull points.
4 Tactical Consoles, 3 Sci consoles, 2 Engi consoles.


Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Science
Ensign Science
Versus

Quote:
This BOP im talking about;
You gain a Battlecloak, versus the 2 pets you gain with the MVAM, you would lose some additional hull points to make it more fair. So lets make it 31K Hull or slightly higher.
4 Tactical consoles, 3 Science and 2 Engi.

Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Science
Ensign Science


Pretty simple, now we have a BoP with same setup as AE (Or MVAM) and its somewhat comparable to an AE/mvam with Beta mode. BOth have trade offs,

Until there is an equivalent ship on the KDF side I wont be playing it much. Its just too bad
I like it, hull of 31k sounds great but if its set BOff slots then a 4700(af) shields sounds good too.
After all its is losing U-slots and a Engie console.
What to call it though?
Heavy Tactical Strike Bird of Prey (ya'ugh ToQDuj)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
12-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider
Who's talking about removing the Cloak?

Its just simple

MVAM
You gain 2 pets with subsystem targetting and can be good to trigger phaser procs.
Beta mode is superior so lets say this one has 35,000 hull points.
4 Tactical Consoles, 3 Sci consoles, 2 Engi consoles.


Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Science
Ensign Science


This BOP im talking about;
You gain a Battlecloak, versus the 2 pets you gain with the MVAM, you would lose some additional hull points to make it more fair. So lets make it 31K Hull or slightly higher.
4 Tactical consoles, 3 Science and 2 Engi.

Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Science
Ensign Science


Pretty simple, now we have a BoP with same setup as AE (Or MVAM) and its somewhat comparable to an AE/mvam with Beta mode. BOth have trade offs,

Until there is an equivalent ship on the KDF side I wont be playing it much. Its just too bad
I should have been more clear... increasing the station count from 4 to 5 or making them non-universal will take them out of BoP-class territory. The battle-cloak will also have to go if KDF ship standards are being enforced by Cryptic.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 PM.