Lt. Commander
# 31
12-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I appreciate the point your trying to make but I agree with Borthan, your comparing apples and oranges.

Also....maybe if cryptic actually posted relevant information on the in-game bulletin board (which is what its for is it not) then it wouldn't go virtually unused. People only tend to use something worth using. That just seems common logic to me.

But if we feel the need to defend cryptic no matter what they do its cool... but judging by your government analogy you probably have no issue with the way the Fed has devalued our money with their out of control printing the past few years.

RAGE AGAINST THE ESTABLISHMENT!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
80.000 diltihium? Eighty. Thousand. Dilithium. ... And you're still not happy? That's somewhere in the region of 50 to 80 purple quality ship components or personal gear.

You're not gonna get 80k lith per character because you can flog that lith on the exchange for C-points, which goes completely against the whole money-making ethos of this game (for better or worse).
Please tell me where you can get 50 to 80 very rare purple MK 10 componants for 80000 dilithium?

80k is barely enough to get three mk11 weapons, not including the other 5 + consoles etc for ONE va ship....
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Please tell me where you can get 50 to 80 very rare purple MK 10 componants for 80000 dilithium?
Crafting. Maybe not Admiral level, but I spent no more than 3000 lith apiece (and in some cases only a few hundred) kitting out my new Captain rank stuff with all blues, ground and space.

Edit: having said that, I only craft weapons, engines and shields. Consoles, I don't bother with so much.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Crafting. Maybe not Admiral level, but I spent no more than 3000 lith apiece (and in some cases only a few hundred) kitting out my new Captain rank stuff with all blues, ground and space.

Edit: having said that, I only craft weapons, engines and shields. Consoles, I don't bother with so much.
Touche, though why anyone would put very rare ship items on anything other than a va ship is beyond me.

I do however give you this one
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borthan
I know I missed it on these forums, but nobody is going to convince me that this is not crappy customer service. Guess I'm just an old fashioned dinosaur, but I know Cryptic is shooting themselves in the foot & really driving themselves out of business. Seriously, they have an un-used in-game bulletin board & they know who is playing on Tribble & it's too much effort for them to send me a note? Lame, plain & simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign-swenson
Why should one have to dig thru the forums to find something that cryptic could easily either put on an in-game bulletin board, or on the front page of the web site? Do tell me what you think an in-game bulletin board is for? Seriously, has the state of customer service been reduced so low these days that what's considered normal to some people is akin to bending over to pick up the soap in a prison shower? I mean really...do people not know what good customer service is anymore?
It wasn't JUST on the forums. It was on the MAIN page of the site. Even if you never went into the forums themselves, it was posted in a Dev Blog which would also have shown up if you clicked on 'News' in the launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
It wasn't JUST on the forums. It was on the MAIN page of the site. Even if you never went into the forums themselves, it was posted in a Dev Blog which would also have shown up if you clicked on 'News' in the launcher.
Exactly. Also it feels strange that you were "testing" but didn't use the forums? You only did it for the rewards?

Not only that but it was a common topic on the Tribble test channel.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Exactly. Also it feels strange that you were "testing" but didn't use the forums? You only did it for the rewards?

Not only that but it was a common topic on the Tribble test channel.
Agreed. I had no problem knowing exactly what the rewards were going to be long before the testing was even over. I think they did a pretty good job of informing people in multiple places. *shrugs*
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-09-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm just surprised people think they should be entitled to claim 80k dilithium on every character. Does the thought of horribly crashing the dilithium economy with an endless supply of dilithium not cross your mind at any point?

Seriously, it baffling that people think unlimited currency rewards could be a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-09-2011, 04:54 AM
No, I was on the forums & did read the dev post. Yes, I did do it only for the rewards- filing bug tickets & posting on these ridiculous forums has not got Cryptic off of their posteriors to fix cloaking & that has been bugged since 01-11-11. Filing feedback reports in the Tribble section of the forums did not prevent Cryptic from ruining crafting or reducing the ridiculous amount of grinding they've introduced or destroying the skill tree either. Somehow, thru my stupidity, I misunderstood what they were offering & was expecting $160k per toon, not an $80 lump sum for 1 toon per side.

Regardless, it's still crappy customer service. I purchased the game to play it, not to wade through these forums. They have an in-game bulletin board that is blank. Now, go ahead & tell me it's not crappy customer service... good luck with that!