Lt. Commander
# 21
12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Considering the fleet "The Sisko" asked to be removed from time in "Sacrifice of Angels" did contain those too, this is certainly possible.
I was kind of hoping the next FE would start with the wormhole opening and spilling out all 2400 ships at once. (Ans they would not be very happy either)
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
you omitted that the battle in "Azati Prime" never took place because in the final episode of Enterprise's 3rd season the spheres were destroyed and the expanse just vanished.
Actually, the Battle of Azati Prime DOES take place. It's the loss in the future which caused the Sphere Builders to travel to the Past to do with that they did. It's their failure in the past that allowed the Battle of Azati Prime to actually happen. That being said..

The crew of the U.S.S. Voyager spent many, many days on the "NX-01 Dauntless". They have detailed scans of the ship through and through. The current STO Timeline has Voyager safe and sound back in the Alpha Quadrant. So the data gathered from the Dauntless is in the hands of Starfleet, no matter how you look at it. So yes, we COULD have a Starfleet version of the Dauntless.

As you can tell, I am much in favor of seeing this ship in the game (Friggin' fell in love with it when I first saw it.).

Edit: Because the Sphere Builders can see all timelines, they saw that the Battle of Azati Prime would take place if they did nothing. That's why they traveled to the Past. But it's like I said, the Battle of Azati Prime takes place regardless.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikarti
Actually, the Battle of Azati Prime DOES take place. It's the loss in the future which caused the Sphere Builders to travel to the Past to do with that they did. It's their failure in the past that allowed the Battle of Azati Prime to actually happen. That being said..

The crew of the U.S.S. Voyager spent many, many days on the "NX-01 Dauntless". They have detailed scans of the ship through and through. The current STO Timeline has Voyager safe and sound back in the Alpha Quadrant. So the data gathered from the Dauntless is in the hands of Starfleet, no matter how you look at it. So yes, we COULD have a Starfleet version of the Dauntless.

As you can tell, I am much in favor of seeing this ship in the game (Friggin' fell in love with it when I first saw it.).

Edit: Because the Sphere Builders can see all timelines, they saw that the Battle of Azati Prime would take place if they did nothing. That's why they traveled to the Past. But it's like I said, the Battle of Azati Prime takes place regardless.
Considering that the entirety of Enterprise takes place in a wholly different timeline anything is possible.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikarti

The Sphere builders don't travel through time.
You did not even understand this fundamental detail about them,.
The sphere builders themselves can only scan "alternate timelines" (that is the phrase used) and the result of the timeline where the sphere builders did not try to destroy earth was the one where the battle took place.
Meaning the entire battle of Procyon V (not the Battle of Azati Prime) is confirmed in the episode as an alternate scenario, one which the sphere builders themselves already changed due to their order to the Xindi to blow up earth. It is even even further altered by Archer and his crew.
In addition the battle can only take place if the sphere builders somehow manage to get another net of hundreds of spheres operational, supposedly in the same place. This ridicilous condition alone makes it impossible for the battle to take place.

*EDIT:
How very much alternate that scenario is from canon Trek becomes clear when you take the fact into account that the Federation ships during that battle are not armed with Phasers but Phase Cannons.
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._procyon_v.jpg
They also used the Phase Cannon sound effect for the episode.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekDork1701 View Post
I think they should create the Dauntless from Voyager. It would be a really nice ship to have. However I don't know how it would be special in any way. I cant think of a special console or weapon it could have if they were to create it and sell it on the C-Store.
sorry but thats not a federation ship
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-09-2011, 09:38 AM