Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic, please be kind
12-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Dear Cryptic Staff,
I know myself and many others have spent thousand of CP trying to get the ship with no luck. I know the ship is intended to be rare, but in fairness I think that after a certain amount of points have been spent on trying to attain the ship a bound version of the attack ship should be given to the account. Only one for an entire account seems fair and it is bound so it cannot be used for profit, but at least it would be possible to get the ship without going broke. The most expensive ship in the c-store is 2000cp, I would propose that after spending 3000-4000 points a player should be given the bound version I mentioned before. If a player wanted the ship for more than one character they could continue to try to obtain more and they would still not be as populous as other ships just for the fact that they are rare and only one character per account could attain it as a sure thing, but at a cost higher than even any c-store ships which can be used for every character on an account.

I hope you will take this into consideration, I am sure other players would agree that this is a fair compromise because I know one person said they spent 28,000 cp and have not received a ship.

-Vice Admiral Asar, Dedicated Lifetimer
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I agree. How they set this up is pretty crappy. I think Cryptic just likes to **** off thei customers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I hope Cryptic reads this letter and takes it to heart. Many players (including me) would pay far too much and has gotten nothing of value. I have now spend 18000c Points no ship and too many items they i and noone need like Pets.
"I get i 120c pet for 100c nice" " Oh i get 2nd ...ok" "oh Crap a horta again?"
It is sad that I no longer have a little pleasure now to invest in this game. I like the Game but after spend so many money and get nothing what i need (not only the ship) I think i will siting on my Lifetime and farm some 400c over some month to get c stuff.

If i had i wish free, (no i dont want the ship anymore) i want to give all my Gifts Items back and the 6 mill EC that i make with some items for the half of my money i spend in c points of the event...

I realy hope Cryptic finds a way to settle Down the angry Playerbase
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Skimming through posts about winning a Jem'Haddar attack ship, I've noticed that responses have been overwhelmingly negative. I think alienating the bulk of active STO players for the sole purpose of generating immediate C-Store sales definitely undermines the game long term. Here's a hint: The bulk of the players do not care about getting xp-bonus tokens, tribbles, photonic officers, or anything else that was previously released. Many just want "The Ship." However, using a lottery based system to bait players into trying their luck is nothing short of profiteering at the player's expense.

Given that SW:TOR is just a few days away, I would bet real money that those on the fence regarding STO vs. SW:TOR are getting a very good push from Cryptic to try the latter title despite its pay-to-play model.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
Skimming through posts about winning a Jem'Haddar attack ship, I've noticed that responses have been overwhelmingly negative. I think alienating the bulk of active STO players for the sole purpose of generating immediate C-Store sales definitely undermines the game long term. Here's a hint: The bulk of the players do not care about getting xp-bonus tokens, tribbles, photonic officers, or anything else that was previously released. Many just want "The Ship." However, using a lottery based system to bait players into trying their luck is nothing short of profiteering at the player's expense.

Given that SW:TOR is just a few days away, I would bet real money that those on the fence regarding STO vs. SW:TOR are getting a very good push from Cryptic to try the latter title despite its pay-to-play model.
Well during the f2p testing Cryptic has already alienatet a good share of the playerbase.
Many familiar faces are gone already seeing the f2p changes on tribble alone.

Did Cryptic care?
Nope. Dillithium has been convertet with the crapy rate, the respec issue is still... an issue and just not been spoken off because of this sh*t coming up... lot of other things remain ignored.

And the lottery based system isnt just here... look at the STFs, the MK XII gear has the same crapy droprate and no other chance of getting it (like... well saving for it like for the other gear).
We... or well some you... probably not me... will see that more often soon.

Cryptic doesnt care about alienating the Fanbase, the opposite they seem hound out of the house on purpose.
And they will for sure not change THAT pollicy.... hell... people did spend multible HUNDRET dollars on that, I thing I read something about 400 $ here, this much money they would not make with a simple C-Store sale.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2011, 08:27 PM
You guys hit the nail on the head.

It's all about profit. They are using this as a means to make people buy CP (Cryptic Points) and blow them on near useless items. Oh sure... you can get free pets and a decent boff, but they KNOW that people want the ship. They know it, and they know people will spend hundreds trying to get it. That's the whole point of a lottery. To get people to spend a lot of money on the CHANCE to win big. They company holding the lottery ALWAYS comes out ahead.

Now, I realize Cryptic has stated they do not intend to place this ship in the store. They want this as a "test" for how this new method for giving out items will work. In my opinion they KNEW how this would work. They knew they'd make a tidy little profit by doing this. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if after the holiday event they put the ship in the c-store, quoting that they're caving to all the players who didn't get the ship from the gift boxes.

They'll try to put a good spin on it, try to make us believe they're caving to us. Try to make all the angry people feel better about them, but they'll still charge 1200+ CP for the ship. That way, not only do they get all the money from the people who spend hundreds on the "lottery", but they also make money off all the "unlucky" people who didn't "win".

The sad things is that it'll work. They'll make more money off this "lottery" and selling of the ship afterwords then they've made from all of us paying subs over the past year. Then they'll use that as an excuse to do something similar every holiday of the year. THIS is what we have to look foreword to in STO. THIS is the way the game will be ran.

Personally, if they put this ship in the c-store for 2000, 3000, or even 4000 cp, I'd probably just cough up and buy it. I will not, however, spend real money on a pot luck chance to maybe get lucky. I'll stick with the ships I already have. Good luck to those of you who do play this "lottery."
Lt. Commander
# 7 maxed out...
12-09-2011, 09:05 PM
iI didnt know there was a cap of $500 of cstore purchases in a 30 day period....i had to call customer support and get them to increase my cap.....i want the ship......no luck yet........
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Bud View Post
iI didnt know there was a cap of $500 of cstore purchases in a 30 day period....i had to call customer support and get them to increase my cap.....i want the ship......no luck yet........
Holy crap. $500? For a ship?

*sigh*

Well, as long as you don't blame Cryptic in the event you don't get the ship, then I suppose it's your money to use.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2011, 11:41 PM
I work hard and bill hard...I enjoy the game during my very limited downtime so I feel spending money in the C-Store is a good way to support the devs....would be sweet if I got the ship though....still no luck...
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Holy crap. $500? For a ship?

*sigh*

Well, as long as you don't blame Cryptic in the event you don't get the ship, then I suppose it's your money to use.
This is getting out of hand !

And around the holidays no less !

The damned thing should have been in the C store straight out. It was the ultimate lure to get people to buy these digital scratch tickets. Working as intended ! Is this how we are going to obtain the Enterprise F?

This digital gambling/money grab preys on people's compulsive behaviors. There are kids who play this game for Pete's sake! Is this REALLY where OUR game is going? Internet gambling now too? Where are you going to draw the line?
I'd like to actually know what the odds of getting this ship was. One in WHAT ?

I think It's time to give CBS my thoughts on this matter. Let's see if they approve of the Star Trek scratch ticket.

Cryptic I know you have to make money, and I'll support you financially you as best as I can, when you actually sell me the ship. But I'm through with these grab bags. Loosing is not fun. Restricting new items that some players will NEVER get by ANY means, is not fun.