Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebron View Post
I don't know what envelope you think they are pushing. Just mirroring the same feelings alot of people here have already stated.
Well, the worst thing anyone could have done about this cash grab is to pay into it. That's been done, done, and done. So... we'll have to sit back and watch this game turn into a run-of-the-mill F2P.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I was responding to Tritium's comment about "journalism". True journalists report the facts of a situation without inserting their personal opinions.
I dont see anywhere that they claimed to be journalists or that this was anything but a op/ed piece. It's not even in the news section.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebron View Post
I dont see anywhere that they claimed to be journalists or that this was anything but a op/ed piece. It's not even in the news section.
Once again, I was responding to Tritium's comment about journalism. I didnt bring up the topic of journalism in this thread, nor did I say that the person who wrote the article in question was claiming to be a journalist. So if you want to respond to that topic you'll need to quote Tritium not me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ell Owe Ell
I am arr Owe Tee Ef Ell!

(points if you get the reference)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Once again, I was responding to Tritium's comment about journalism. I didnt bring up the topic of journalism in this thread, nor did I say that the person who wrote the article in question was claiming to be a journalist. So if you want to respond to that topic you'll need to quote Tritium not me.
You just started off responding to Tritium.

You said The less known a site is the more they usually try to push the envelope to get attention.

The way you worded it seems to imply you are basing that off the site she was talking about...same site the this topic is addressing.

Followed by I was responding to Tritium's comment about "journalism". True journalists report the facts of a situation without inserting their personal opinions.

That one was directed at me not a comment to Trititum. If it was just a matter of a misdirected quote then you could of just left it at The first sentence. The second sentence leads one to think you are making a statement about the topic itself, since a mere correction which the first sentence supplied was all that was needed.

It seems you are trying to play a passive aggressive game here taking pot shots while hiding behind the guise of "I'm only replying to someone else".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebron View Post
stuff
The bad news is you dont know what your talking about. But the good news is that you are free to think whatever you like if it helps you sleep at night
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
True journalists report the facts of a situation without inserting their personal opinions.
Which is why "True Journalism" is almost dead. People don't care about "facts". They want to be entertained while watching "news".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Which is why "True Journalism" is almost dead. People don't care about "facts". They want to be entertained while watching "news".
No arguments there =P
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The bad news is you dont know what your talking about. But the good news is that you are free to think whatever you like if it helps you sleep at night
Well that's your opinion enjoy it. Bad news for you, your opinion doesnt make you right either. Just means we both have differing views on what you meant. I just read the words you wrote I dont have psychic powers to read your intent behind them.

Good Day Sir.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebron View Post
I just read the words you wrote I dont have psychic powers to read your intent behind them.
Exactly. And between the 2 of us, the only 1 that actually knows what I think is me. Therefore the only one who can be right about what I meant is also me. Nice try though
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:18 AM.