Lt. Commander
# 1 To'Duj vs Orion Interceptor
12-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi Fellas,

I notice you can apparently Orion Interceptor can be used on any carrier according to the c-store. Does anyone know anything about the actual stats on these? Are they any different at all?

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 08:09 AM
I want to buy it as well. I asked about a month ago and haven't heard much about it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I want to buy it as well. I asked about a month ago and haven't heard much about it.
I would not waste my time on the Slaver fighters till they get bumped up in effectiveness.

On tribble they were quite weak but at the time they were only deployable Craft that were working properly so I loaded them up.

IMO the hands down best fighter is currently the KaríFi Síkul Fighter.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-10-2011, 08:07 PM
OK. Well.

Here is the difference. The interceptors are *way* faster. Like ten times faster. But they use beam weapons and don't seem to have torpedoes -- not that I've been able to make out anyway. They make good interceptors for shooting down torpedoes and such, but are fairly lacking in offensive power. My advice: pass.

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsadoom View Post
OK. Well.

Here is the difference. The interceptors are *way* faster. Like ten times faster. But they use beam weapons and don't seem to have torpedoes -- not that I've been able to make out anyway. They make good interceptors for shooting down torpedoes and such, but are fairly lacking in offensive power. My advice: pass.

Cheers!
The Slavers have 1 disruptor beam and can lay Photon mines and they don't seem to be any faster than the Du ja or S'kul or Scorpion fighters. (At least thats the way they were on Tribble)
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Just to avoid some confusion I think I should point out that the Orion Interceptors and the Orion Slavers are different fighters.

You can't buy the Interceptors from the shipyard vendor, only the Slavers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munster1
Just to avoid some confusion I think I should point out that the Orion Interceptors and the Orion Slavers are different fighters.

You can't buy the Interceptors from the shipyard vendor, only the Slavers.
My bad I though they were the same.

You can't buy the slavers unless you own one of the Orion Carriers

I don't think I've ever seen the interceptors, I guess I'll have to check them out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 03:35 AM
I am currently using the interceptors and have for two days. The To'Duj beat them hands down in dps. Here's where things get interesting though. If your creating a power drain build (tach beam , energy syphon, ect) and you equip both these and the tachy drone "fighters" you SHUT DOWN NPC's like a ***ch! The Interceptors have no torpedos as well but there attacks drain off engine and weapon power.

So power drain build use them!
Generic DPS .... eh, I'd go with the To'Duj.
Hope this helps
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2011, 06:49 AM
To'Duj > Interceptors when it comes to raw DPS as the Interceptors don't have torps.

That's pretty much all i know and care about in regards of comparing the two...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2012, 03:14 PM
So the interceptors are basically a mix between the power siphon drones and fighters? They seem pretty nice.

How do they fair in pvp? What kind of hull?