Lt. Commander
# 31
12-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Quote:
"Oh evil Cryptic... how dare they put a small chance to win a nice ship in a little holiday party"
Honestly it's like nothing can make you people happy..... At every step, at eveyr turn of the road you see nothing but evil master plans devised to screw you!!! If anyone is being abused... It's Cryptic.... they are the ones I feel sorry for.. God forbid they try to do anything and get burned at the stake for it.
I second this. And the OP.

I don't necessarily care either way about these boxes. I, like many people, choose how to spend my money and do it responsibly. I'll probably buy some boxes too - But I'll buy them knowing there is no guarantee I'd get the ship. Therefore I won't be upset or disappointed.
Also - it's a game. I'm actually enjoying my time on STO, even through the changes. If it keeps our game alive, then I'm all for it.
Just my 2 cents
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrT043
It's like buying a pack of Alpha "Magic: The Gathering" cards and then getting prissy because you didn't pull a Black Lotus and full set of Moxes.

Life's rough, innit?
LOL THIS^^^^^

So few Alpha players left...
Lt. Commander
# 33 Cryptic is not to blame
12-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakout View Post
So there is a little contest to open some boxes and some people have seen fit to spend tons of CP to try and get the ship.

This is all on the players.. in no way, no how is there any reason to blame Cryptic... if you want a chance at the loot you can run the race once per day with each toon... if you don't get the ship oh well. the choice to spend $$ is totally on the player.. if you get it, you get it so what?

Cryptic is evil? sheesh, they release preorder versions and people buy the game 7 times to get the loot and complain they spent $300 buying the game.... NOBODY IS BEING FORCED TO BUY BOXES FROM C-STORE buyer beware.... you could end up with $300 of worthless junk.
Of course it is not cyrptics fault its just people who WANT that ship and there is still like a month left intill Qs winter wonderland leaves us.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
From what I've witnessed, there's alot of people that should stay well away from Atlantic City, Vegas or anyplace with a 'fishbowl' drawing.

Cryptic put the grab bag out and like most new things had it not gone over well (ie no one bought it) it probably wouldn't show up again. Now that PWE knows it's customers are suckers I'm sure we'll see more of these grab bags. The name of the game is money, always has been always will be, Cryptic and PWE are businesses, not charities.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-11-2011, 09:33 AM
It's pretty simple if Cryptic listed the chance of getting the ship people wouldn't buy these gifts. Do you think people would really buy products from Amazon.com. If they had a half of one percent or one tenth of one percent chance of getting the item they were trying to buy.

They stuff these gifts with junk, people don't want to meet the legal definition that they have value. Knowing all along people will buy them for the ship, and they have almost no chance of getting it.

Grab bags aren't set up to help the consumer, they are used to take advantage of the vulnerable.

The people buying these gifts wouldn't buy them if they knew the real odds of getting the ship. What they are doing is unethical.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkem View Post
Now that PWE knows it's customers are suckers I'm sure we'll see more of these grab bags. The name of the game is money, always has been always will be, Cryptic and PWE are businesses, not charities.
Well, duh. How else do you think they managed to become a successful company by making otherwise crappy games? They are targeting the people with gambling addictions.