Lt. Commander
# 11
12-11-2011, 12:40 PM
OP, thanks very much for this. I wouldn't have known to pick up Rulian Mazan today if I hadn't already read your guide.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-11-2011, 01:43 PM
You can get cadres at Memory Alpha (ground), yes. I recently had a Science cadre assignment on MA ground. However, I haven't received any "Rulian Mazan" mission yet. She's for sell in the exchange 100 million or so. That would help a great deal to get that Jham'Hadar ship, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-11-2011, 02:04 PM
You can also get Bolian cultural exchange in Iota Pavonis (at least that is where i got it on tribble).

All in all a good guide

Also i have had the Rulian mazhan assignment in at least 2 separate clusters (eridan nebula and arucanis arm) and on my klingon i got it in Omega Leonis so it seems it moves about a bit
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Do the colonial chains work? Because I'm stuck in the Eridan Belt and the Rolor Nebula....
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Now if only I could remember where to get Colonists. I'm always out of them when I need them...
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshiirRa View Post
Now if only I could remember where to get Colonists. I'm always out of them when I need them...
I think the mission to pick them up appears randomly. I had a few in Sol and I think one in the Eridan Belt. What I would be more interested in is how to get prisoners (and how to get contraband without putting your security department into sickbay.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
I think the mission to pick them up appears randomly. I had a few in Sol and I think one in the Eridan Belt. What I would be more interested in is how to get prisoners (and how to get contraband without putting your security department into sickbay.)
KDF can pick up prisoners relatively easily via "Detain Freighter" assignments. They also have more opportunities to grab contraband via marauding.

I have yet to get a single prisoner via a Starfleet assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Contraband is easy enough to get, assuming the random number generator likes you. On Tribble I was practically swimming in it, but on Holodeck I've yet to succeed on the Inspect Civilian Freighter mission.
As for prisoner's, I've never gotten one on the Federation side. They come from critical successes on the military deployment missions though, or so I've heard.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I added a FAQ and tips section, as well as updated other parts of the guide, mainly based on the feedback below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4ever View Post
Every successful STF completion rewards at least one Encrypted Data Chip, and possibly more if optional objectives are completed. There are a total of 8 Borg DOFFs available, 4 for each faction...rare (blue) and very rare (purple) Security Officers, and rare and very rare Projectile Weapons Officers. The rares cost 20 ECD each, and the very rares cost 40 EDC each.

Unlike the DOFFs from the vendors at SF and KDF academies, these Borg DOFFs are not unique and you can have multiples of each.
Thanks, this was so well-written and concise that I just copy/pasted it into the guide, as long as you don't object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
You can get cadres at Memory Alpha (ground), yes. I recently had a Science cadre assignment on MA ground.
Thanks, I added this to the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaron666 View Post
You can also get Bolian cultural exchange in Iota Pavonis (at least that is where i got it on tribble).
Thanks, added to the guide. Do you know what quality that assignment was?

Quote:
Do the colonial chains work? Because I'm stuck in the Eridan Belt and the Rolor Nebula....
They do work. I've personally completed a few. From what I've seen, the colonial chains have pretty long cooldowns between assignments and have a fairly small chance to appear when they're not on cooldown. It also seems like once you reach "Fortify Colonies", the chance for the assignments to appear decreases even more. I also have a sneaking suspicion, but absolutely no hard proof, that some assignments cause all chains in every zone for your character to go on a shared cooldown. I also wonder if the "Suppress Raids on Colonies" and "Emergency Supplies" assignments have any impact on the availability of colonial chain assignments. I've never seen them appear at the same time, which makes me wonder. So, you just have to keep checking. Eventually you'll be able to complete them all. I've added information on this to the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshiirRa View Post
You get colonists from the "Resettle Colonists" assignment. It awards 5 colonists, has a 4 hour duration, can appear anywhere, and has approximately a 24 hour cooldown. I highly recommend the DOFFJOBS channel to help you find assignments like this. "Where are the colonist pick-ups?" is the most frequently asked question in that channel.

Quote:
What I would be more interested in is how to get prisoners (and how to get contraband without putting your security department into sickbay.)
KDF captains can get prisoners and contraband pretty easily from several Marauding assignments. You can trade contraband between factions, but not prisoners. There are some Fed trade and diplomacy assignments that award contraband. The only Fed assignments that I'm aware of that award prisoners are the Military Offensive assignments, and only on critical successes. Maybe some of the other military assignments do, too. In my experience, on my KDF captain, I usually have more prisoners than I know what to do with, and on my Fed captain, I don't ever have enough prisoners and must pass by a lot of "Negotiate Prisoner Exchange" assignments. I've added information on this to the FAQ.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar

Thanks, added to the guide. Do you know what quality that assignment was?
If i remember it was blue quality, but i only got it the once and that was while testing on tribble, haven't checked on holodeck yet tbh.