Lt. Commander
# 131
12-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Some nice responses the last few posts. TY TY TY to Kuber for the trooper info, as that pretty much validates and cements my choice for a first character. Now I am really excited!!

General FYI to our STO TORinos (hehe, TORinos): looks like the forums and site will be down periodically until the 13th, and they have stated that the forums are being wiped and restarted to customers only. So if you happened to post at the official site, just know that it will be a brand new place come Tuesday.

Other than that, looks like it will be a new era for some of us next week, and a lot more in 10 days on launch. I hope I get to play with my fellow STOers, because by and large, we are one of the most nice and close knit communities in gaming.
Lt. Commander
# 132
12-10-2011, 05:51 AM
TOR is downloading as we speak.
Lt. Commander
# 133
12-10-2011, 10:01 AM
3 days away !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 134
12-11-2011, 01:55 PM
2 days away !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 135
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I cancelled my collectors edition, after playing the beta for 3 months I changed my mind about it. Its not worth more than 60 bucks, I may or may not pick it up after it launches. I didnt like the direction they took it in, I would have preferred it was set in the classic timeline...with non stylised graphics. I think the stylised graphics ruin the Star Wars feel, I just cant take it seriously. The voiceovers are over acted and the scripting is immature...it just left me feeling sour.
Lt. Commander
# 136
12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm definitely getting it, then when Cryptic give us 5 minutes worth of new content every 12 months with STO I'll come back and play for 5 minutes finish it and go straight back to TOR since they'll never have a 12 month content drought.
Lt. Commander
# 137
12-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
I cancelled my collectors edition, after playing the beta for 3 months I changed my mind about it. Its not worth more than 60 bucks, I may or may not pick it up after it launches. I didnt like the direction they took it in, I would have preferred it was set in the classic timeline...with non stylised graphics. I think the stylised graphics ruin the Star Wars feel, I just cant take it seriously. The voiceovers are over acted and the scripting is immature...it just left me feeling sour.
Sorry to hear that, Morgomir. I can understand though, because while the KOTOR timeline and era has its fans, many Star Wars fans want a setting in the classic timeline. Perhaps we can still meet up on there in the future if you get it, my friend.
Lt. Commander
# 138
12-12-2011, 07:02 AM
That's great that people want the classic timeline, but the problem is at that point, you would only really be a Rebel Alliance soldier or a Smuggler or an Imperial soldier or Bounty Hunter.

Forget having hordes of Jedi and Sith running around causing havoc, because the only ones would be Darth Vader, the Emperor, Yoda and Ben Kenobi.

And most who want to play Star Wars want a feel for the Jedi/Sith action. That means The Old Republic.
Lt. Commander
# 139
12-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
That's great that people want the classic timeline, but the problem is at that point, you would only really be a Rebel Alliance soldier or a Smuggler or an Imperial soldier or Bounty Hunter.

Forget having hordes of Jedi and Sith running around causing havoc, because the only ones would be Darth Vader, the Emperor, Yoda and Ben Kenobi.

And most who want to play Star Wars want a feel for the Jedi/Sith action. That means The Old Republic.
Well SW Galaxies worked fine beside those "canon breaks". And originally you had to go through A LOT of efford to become a Jedi wich made it rare.
Of course its not perfect but to a lot of people it was still fun.

Also: They could easyly set the story up after Endor where more Jedis trained by Luke can run arround as much as "Sith" trained by... anyone who survived.... the Extendet universe offers enough possibilitys.

However... I'll take what I get.
Lt. Commander
# 140
12-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber

Well we still have SWG for a few more days....that was our classic timeline.

The reason why TOR looks the way it does is to that people can relate to KoTOR 1 and 2.

Also...1 day away !!!!