Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 the missing manual?
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Hi folks

I've been on this game since beta, but for a reason or another I never spent too much time on it.

Returned recently and was a pleasant surprise to see the game highly improved in this last year or so!

Now I was not too much of an expert before, but I've noticed some things that are pretty much different from before...one of them would be the revised economic system, with crystals added to the credits.

How do you get these crystals? They are used for anything (ships, components for the ship, and so on); making my credits basically useless (haven't seen any usefulness in them other than for changing your clothes or customizing the aspect of the spaceship).

Not to be polemic but is really necessary to use these crystals instead of the credits for things that you should buy with credits? I can understand special rare items, but ships? Maybe is just me but I find it pretty strange and illogic...and most of all I cannot find any reference in the manual about this and many other things related to the game.

Hence my main question...where is the full manual that explains how the economy works, crafting, the various mission types? So far I know of PVP and regular story missions, plus the new feature of the episodes; but I remember that at one point there were missions where you go to planets and help them with their needs (I think that you would buy these goods at the trading spaceship wandering on the main map) and also missions where you were supposed to do something like make the first contact and similar things (basically not the usual missions where you beam down and gotta kill em all or wander on the map of a system to kill all the enemies on that map)...but again i can't find any formal resource that would explain the whole thing.

I started with the search on the forum and I've got some info here and there, but is possible that other than the very simple manual on the site; there is nothing else that can help players to get into the mechanics?

I consider myself as new player, since I played basically the beta, got the game, played a month or 2 and then left it there playing now and then maybe a couple of times every month (I am lifetime); but is strange to see me having this problem and me only...everyone else is putting together the pieces of the puzzle together while playing? Got other players explaining everything? Kinda inefficient imho

I'm not complaining, just wondering how does it works; maybe i have missed some sort of important reference about the game?

Thanks!