Lt. Commander
# 11
12-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
had to reroll my first tribble toon (F2P build). Mind meld and nerv pinch (don't recall which) quit my game 9 out of every ten uses
My Tribble main ended up being a Vulcan tactical with Mind Meld and Nerve Pinch. Pretty strange that I did not run into that problem despite doing all the story missions, farming Diplomacy 4 and doing over 200 STFs. I guess it's somehow computer/driver related (and no, I'm not blaming your computer )
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
The Mind Meld crash has been fixed. I'm not aware of any way in which it would have failed to crash anyone, since it was a fault in the physical movement associated with the power and not an audio or visual effect that went along with it. It should have been crashing everybody, every time. I'd like to get system specs on anyone that was not experiencing the crash, to see if we can find out what truly caused it.

The fix we implemented was removing the physical movements causing the crash. The power functions slightly differently now on the back end, but most players probably won't notice the difference in how it is displayed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
The Mind Meld crash has been fixed. I'm not aware of any way in which it would have failed to crash anyone, since it was a fault in the physical movement associated with the power and not an audio or visual effect that went along with it. It should have been crashing everybody, every time. I'd like to get system specs on anyone that was not experiencing the crash, to see if we can find out what truly caused it.

The fix we implemented was removing the physical movements causing the crash. The power functions slightly differently now on the back end, but most players probably won't notice the difference in how it is displayed.
I guess you fixed it pretty early then.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Their feminine whiles are so great they can even "seduce" Borg!
not even the Borg can "Resist" the allures of a beautiful Orion Slave Girl
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-11-2011, 11:38 PM
I also enjoy Telekenisis IMMENSELY... I just wish it was a CONE AoE, and a little beefier on the dmg. One of my fave hobbies is to brain blast enemies off of high cliffs/structures and watch the fall kill them. How cool would it be to use 'knock-back' as an actual weapon, meaning you blast an enemy and as he collides with his allies and objects, it does extra damage?!?! Now THAT would be fun!
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:

And I thank you for that fix!
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post
not even the Borg can "Resist" the allures of a beautiful Orion Slave Girl
Come on man,
Back in the day Orion Women could charm phaser turrets and quantum mortars into doing their bidding.

I use to laugh my backside off when an Orion NPC would blow a kiss at one of my phaser turrets and then if would start firing at me

Iíve seen the seduction work on the Borg 1st hand and let me tell you, itís nice to have an elite Tactical Drone has your 6th man.

Strangely the Orion seduction seems to work on female Borg Drones has well.

I guess machines need love to :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:

I can confirm that mind meld crashed my wineskin OS-X version of STO consistently but not when I run STO in Windows 7 on boot camp on my iMac. I did not test that out specifically, but I levelled a vulcan for the season 5 tribble test, so take that for what it is worth.
EB