Lt. Commander
# 1 2nd Anniversary Grab Bag
12-13-2011, 03:00 AM
The winter grab bag seems to be a smashing success. After only a few days Cryptic must have sold hundreds of these things.

So what do you think are the odds we'll see them come back during the 2nd Anniversary?

Maybe we'll finally have a chance to get a TR-116 rifle. Or maybe the golden ticket will be husnock warship or Liberated borg sphere.

Would you have a problem if these grab bag celebrations become the norm in STO?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2011, 03:04 AM
I would have a problem with grab bags becoming the norm. However, I wouldn't waste any currency on such things.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2011, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
The winter grab bag seems to be a smashing success. After only a few days Cryptic must have sold hundreds of these things.

So what do you think are the odds we'll see them come back during the 2nd Anniversary?

Maybe we'll finally have a chance to get a TR-116 rifle. Or maybe the golden ticket will be husnock warship or Liberated borg sphere.

Would you have a problem if these grab bag celebrations become the norm in STO?

well first off, hundreds? i bet you could find one player alone who has bought hundreds. these will be well into the thousands, if not tens of thousands.

i think the second anniversary might be too soon but it depends on how cryptic want to go forward with these. the amount they must have made will encourage them to try again but i hope they dont saturate the game with them. once/twice a year i have no issue with.

although if they did not offer anything uber special or unique like the bug ship, then they can do them all year round for all i care. that special item changes them for a random chance to win something you could just buy to a money sink.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 03:39 AM
Since I have an issue with the ones already here, that would be a defenitive yes: I have an issue with it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2011, 04:07 AM
I personally don't have a problem with them. A couple game makers i can think of have items like these in their games. And they are successful.
If these help fund more story based content, then fine by me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2011, 04:11 AM
as long as they keep putting things in there that i don't need... i guess i have no problem with it (i don't pvp so i couldn't care less about how OP they might theoretically be...)

the Jem'Hadar ship was needed for my Jem'Hadar captain, this one time i could not resist, and apparently i was lucky enough to get mine within the first two packs of 2000 C-Points (i read other people spend >$150 and did not even get it... what the F***! ...)

...anyway my 7 chars are all set up now, i don't see anything they could throw at me after this that would be interesting enough to justify throwing more money at them for obvious cash grabs.

Of course if they put a Cardassian Galor class in there... there will be OTHER Players that made Cardassian Captains... who then will have a DEATHNEED for these Ships, and i pitty the Shipnerds that are just here to collect all Ships in the game... game is going to get 2000% more expensive for them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2011, 04:14 AM
Whatever... so long as they add the Jem'Hadar attack ship as a standard C-Store purchases so I can buy it with my Vorta tactical officer without having to rely on RNG.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Since I have an issue with the ones already here, that would be a defenitive yes: I have an issue with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Excalibur View Post
I would have a problem with grab bags becoming the norm. However, I wouldn't waste any currency on such things.
Guess stand in that line.... again...
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2011, 04:26 AM
I think grab-bags will become the norm, as much as it saddens me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-13-2011, 04:46 AM
They're definitely an easy way to drop that 100 C-Store points in change you have...

I thought those were supposed to go onto the Dilithium market.