Lt. Commander
I mentioned this on Tribble, and thought I once again put in the request here on this forum.

Currently, when you reach the 100 DOFF limit (including the 5 in Space Assignment and the 5 in Ground Assigment), you are unable to turn in the DOFF mission since there is no place for them to go. And the only methods to bypass this currently is temporarily put them on the Exchange or mail them to yourself in order to free enough slots to turn in the mission.

This method is rather cumbersome and time consuming. And it's impossible if you got all DOFFs bound (like a full roster that was purchased via the DOFF Store). Now granted, it was mentioned that we would soon be able to increase our DOFF limits via the C-store, but I think that's just a temporary measure and I feel we could use one that doesn't require "buying slots".

So what I would like to see is somekind of method you could collect the mission and simply have a choice to exchange the newly recruited DOFFs with old ones. Then once you exchanged or not wanting to exchange, you send them away. That way you don't end up with a dead end until you made room to turn in the mission.

At the same time, you get the additional bonus of seeing what you managed to recruit without blindly recruiting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2011, 07:32 PM
I reached the limit as well, then passed it even further. I reached 110 (100 reserve, 10 active) about four days ago because I was trading them from my other characters.

I have to agree there is no decent way to see what you recruited without having to make space. Well I kept mailing off my excess whites to the point I have maybe 20 whites left. Now I would have to mail or store greens to do it.

Honestly though, I think 100 limit is too low considering the amount of different specialties. Sure you probably have an average of 40-60 on missions but the problem is the specialties. There is so many different ones it is hard to even keep track. Then in order to have the right specialties for missions requires you to have 2-4 of that specialty.

Sure I could organize what I have a bit better but the lack of a sorting system makes that too difficult to bother. Maybe if the list was sorted by job, qaulity, then name it would be easier to see exactly waht you have. With the sorting by name they get too scattered.

Now the other prbolem I forsee is excessive amount of whites in the future flooding the exchange to the point people throw them away. Unless you are klingon then you can execute them, which is not fair to starfleet for not having a use for excess.

For now I guess I will save my excess of whites for the flood of new players when free to play goes live. I bet some of you that are throwing them away are thinking DOH.
Lt. Commander
# 3 100 limit
12-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredpeon View Post
Honestly though, I think 100 limit is too low considering the amount of different specialties. Sure you probably have an average of 40-60 on missions but the problem is the specialties. There is so many different ones it is hard to even keep track. Then in order to have the right specialties for missions requires you to have 2-4 of that specialty.
I think this is intentional. You have to choose your officers wisely and acquire officers with traits that over lap or focus on a few areas until they are completed. Then you can move / sell them to make room for new officers so that you may complete another branch. I think 100 is plenty if you do it right.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 09:23 AM
If the mission system was meant to be different branches for each category so a player focuses on the one branch, then there is a SEVERE lack of available missions. Even if you focused on three branches at once you would not have enough missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Wheat
I think this is intentional. You have to choose your officers wisely and acquire officers with traits that over lap or focus on a few areas until they are completed. Then you can move / sell them to make room for new officers so that you may complete another branch. I think 100 is plenty if you do it right.
The Dev's have also mentioned that eventually there will be a method (read C-Store) to increase the number of DOFF Slots...
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2011, 10:17 AM
I assumed that the idea was that as you aquired newer, better officers you dismissed the older one or traded/sold them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Tactical department 4
Security department 3
Engineering department 8
Operations department 7
Science department 9
Medical department 5
Civilian department 9

45 different specialties, five empty slots for recruitment.

Now figure in requiring more than one of a specialty, oppossing traits, and different trait requirements.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 10:43 AM
What I would like is a way to review the new "incoming" DOffs and either accept or decline them before they go into your roster.

I'd even like this on the C-Store packs since 4 of those will definitely be whites/commons and unlikely to be worth keeping (unless they are the rarer professions).

It's rapidly getting to the point where I will soon have to dismiss greens/uncommons to get down to where I can turn in recruitment missions that might have something better.

Also, I agree that the Federation should have a "Transfer Officer" or "Remove Underperforming Officer" mission that removes an officer (like the "execute" mission KDF gets).