Lt. Commander
# 1 Deployable Turret Shenanigans
12-10-2011, 07:13 AM
I posted this somewhere else, but I forgot where, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about it yet.

When Season 5 rolled out, I did the mission to purchase Antiproton Turrets on a KDF toon. I did two of them. The first was a critical success, while the second was a normal success. I received absolutely no rewards for these missions - no turret, no CXP, nothing at all.

For other types of turrets, after they're deployed, they just seem to stop working at some point. I've dropped a couple to help defend the Kang in Cure Space. After the skirmish with the group of enemies I'm fighting when I drop the turret is over, the thing just sits there and lets anything else go right by it without firing a shot. It's like it goes into "non-combat" mode once the first fight is over and then doesn't feel like engaging other targets. However, even if the turret is attacked by something, it still doesn't shoot back.

And finally, to add something new to this mix, the turrets that are purchased still seem to be single items with 20 charges, whereas the crafted ones show up as a stack of 20 individual turrets.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I'll look into this. Thanks for the head's up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
have you tried hitting Y after selecting your target?. they maybe acting like the saucer on Gal-R and might need target selecting using Y button
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I can confirm that the doff reward I got so far is a single item, not a stack. I noticed this weekend and was wondering about it at the time but forgot to post about it till now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseAlpha
have you tried hitting Y after selecting your target?. they maybe acting like the saucer on Gal-R and might need target selecting using Y button
u can use "Y" to do that in sapce?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
u can use "Y" to do that in sapce?
yes. it makes Saucer section to attack your target (it can sometimes stop targeting enemies and just fly around)
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I'll look into this. Thanks for the head's up.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseAlpha
I hadn't even thought of that, but I'll give it a whirl. That would be an easy enough workaround if it is effective. I'll give it a shot and post the results (unless someone beats me to it).
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
Thanks!

I hadn't even thought of that, but I'll give it a whirl. That would be an easy enough workaround if it is effective. I'll give it a shot and post the results (unless someone beats me to it).
same i'ma use that from now on with pets
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videm
I can confirm that the doff reward I got so far is a single item, not a stack. I noticed this weekend and was wondering about it at the time but forgot to post about it till now.
Yeah, they appear to be a single item with a timer. I save them for a little extra "pop" against bosses.