Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-13-2011, 02:37 PM
amen to some kind of change to the galaxy X/R. the imbalance between the 2 is staggering. ive been harping on this issue since the gal R was released, and especially after the consoles got added to all these c store ships. my latest thread all about it is in my sig.

about a month ago it was leaked that the sep console might be made useable on the galaxy X! this was my response to that, a similar idea to the op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Saucer separation just doesn't work on any ship other than a galaxy (spoiler alert - we are working on making the saucer sep console work on the dreadnought)
there might as well not be a galaxy R anymore then. its the worst at cruiser related duties, and there will be nothing unique about it.

im really tired of this issue being ignored by the devs, unlike the nonsensical excelsior complaining that caused its console rollback. one of your premium ships, the galaxy R of course, niche is that its the worst choice among cruiser

the galaxy R has everything working against it in this game. its new 9th console is nothing but an ability console dump location, its station setup doesn't help it heal or dps better then other cruisers, its innate movement ability is the worst by far, and its unique ability strips durability for maneuverability and does basically nothing to increase dps, despite its intention of being an enhanced tactical mode.

if the galaxy X is going to get to use saucer separation too, then the galaxy R and galaxy X should just merge into 1 premium ship.

with this change, the lance along with the 3rd nacelle should became a console too, in addition to the current cloaking console. the visuals of the 3rd nacelle, lance and the use of duel cannons should be linked to the new lance console too, just like the borg visuals are linked to the borg set pieces.

the end result should be a galaxy X/R with 4 engineering, 2 science, and 3 tactical consoles with a universal ensign station instead of ether an engineering or tactical station. its special consoles would be the cloak console, lance/cannons/nacelle console and separation console.

if people have bought both the galaxy R and X, give them 1600 c points, that's what both cost now (looks like prices changed again since i posted that). seriously, something like this needs to happen, there are to many galaxy variants, and one is terrible wile the other keeps getting better.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Had a run around in the gal-x and gal-r and god how the gal-r would benefit from another tactical boff, ensign or making the existing one to lt commander.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Two commander engineers could be fun.
Exactly the reason I suggested it, and would eliminate that atrocious errand boy Engineering Ensign.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destraa View Post
Exactly the reason I suggested it, and would eliminate that atrocious errand boy Engineering Ensign.
i think that's what the retrofits originally had during testing, but the idea got shouted down. the galaxy class should have a LTC tactical and an ENS science imo. so many of 1 type of station is crazy, on any ship.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Leave the G-X alone.

I do like the OP's idea for the G-R.

DHC's wouldn't have a game-breaking impact as it only has a Lt. Tac Station.

I would reduce the Tac Console slot to 2 and add a Single Universal Console slot instead.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-15-2011, 09:03 AM
wont happen...

simple reason: more C-Store Item's = MONEY

i bought the Galaxy-R (ok VA1 token, but F2Pers will have to pay C-points) i got the Glaxy-X through the RAF System.

if people go nuts over the Excelsior loosing 3 Transwarp powers (which thank god did not happen in the end)...
how much do you think people would freak out about this one?

nope...
Cryptic won't touch that...

also the Ship would be like 5000 C-Points after your updates.

at best we may get a console for saucer seperation that works on both Ships (there have been hints from Dev's that they are fooling around with this, and might happen if they can make it work)

and/or that the Lance will be a Weapon Item that we can slot on the *normal* Galaxy-R... maybe with Visuals of a Galaxy-X with only 2 Warp Nacelles in that case.

add the Venture Visuals+Console into the C-Store mix and you will see that they've gone for a modular design and wont just merge everything into just one C-Store item.
And sure as hell not now, months after release.

Now if those Ships had been free Ingame additions, this would have been a valid option.
But not with C-Store and Refer a Friend shenanigans attached to it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-15-2011, 12:25 PM
in the spirit of us spending as much money as possible on these merged ships, the galaxy R with its saucer separation console, 3rd tactical console, and universal ensign should be one purchase. the galaxy X consoles should be an expensive add on pack that consists only of the cloak console and gal X equipment console so you can turn your galaxy R into a galaxy X with whatever consoles you decide to equip. there is a way to do this with cryptic still getting all their money
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
in the spirit of us spending as much money as possible on these merged ships, the galaxy R with its saucer separation console, 3rd tactical console, and universal ensign should be one purchase. the galaxy X consoles should be an expensive add on pack that consists only of the cloak console and gal X equipment console so you can turn your galaxy R into a galaxy X with whatever consoles you decide to equip. there is a way to do this with cryptic still getting all their money
do we get extra console slots to replace those lost with this kind of setup?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
do we get extra console slots to replace those lost with this kind of setup?
eh, just have there be a separation console and a cloak/lance/3rd nacelle/duel cannon console.

spiting the cloak off from the rest of the uniquely galaxy X features never made much sense, other then it was the easiest thing for them to do. everything that is unique to the galaxy X should be in one console, and all the added on visuals should be attached to it too. the lance is kind of worthless unless you use it during a decloak alpha strike anyway.

throw in the separation console too and the gal x has a new feature.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Galaxy r needs another tactical console please. The only ship that seems very well balanced is he intrepid with the lt tact console manly due to its turn rate