Lt. Commander
# 11
12-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Not sure if lying or did not do the research.

The Duty officer system is excellent and has been quite well received, and its true the new ships are visually pleasing, but many people are still upset over a variety of so called 'improvements,' and the distinct lack of mission content.
  • STFs; drops are unfair and grindy, need/greed mentality fosters the opposite of teamwork and camraderie
  • Crafting is dead
  • +1 Ships are still an issue thats only been partly resolved
  • PVP balance non-existant
  • Still no new FE
  • Lotto box backlash
  • Skill changes without the space/ground split has produced some oddities
  • Continued use of exploits that it took a podcast episode to finally convince the devs existed.
*Throws in a John Stewart "Booooooooommmmmmm"

Edit:
On second thought: I was at MA during the crafting event to pick up commodities from Rek... I was quite surprised at the amount of people there. Personally, I filled up the banks and inventories with purples of 3 trash alts, including buying the max amount of bank slots for one of them before F2P hit so unless they get some new stuff I'll never craft again. I've got like 8 Agies sets LOL
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-13-2011, 03:49 PM
"This is our first attempt at releasing an ultra-rare game item, and the hundreds of players who have unlocked the ship absolutely love it."

You have got to be kidding. So you're gonna keep using this "method" to make items "rare"? So whoever shovels tons of money into the C-Store and/or gets extremely lucky will get the things you could just release for the new higher C-Store prices or make it possible for us to earn by actually playing the game? What about the multiple threads posted about this? Is that a minority to you that is negligible?
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
With Season 5 released, the development team is now starting work on the Dominion Featured Episode series for February. They are still early in development...
What? I thought this was early in development a LONG time ago? And how long is the planned down time between FEs from now on?
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
From the Dev Blog#8:

Stephen D'Angelo wrote:
------------------------------
...With Season 5 released, the development team is now starting work on the Dominion Featured Episode series for February. They are still early in development, but we should have some early art and sneak peeks available in early January to share...
Just starting work now? That's interesting as I recall Daniel Stahl stating he PLAYTESYED a version of the first episode for this FE before he left Cryptic for Zynga; and I further recall that right after the sale to PWE was completed; the expected launch date for the series was November (and I understand why that got moved) - but my point?

Why do you need to obfuscate the fact that this FE was in the works before Season4 launched? Is this the level of 'up front and honest' EP to playerbase we can expect going forward?

It may seem like a small thing, but I just don't see the need to try and retcon the fact this FE series has been in the works for quite a while.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Just starting work now? That's interesting as I recall Daniel Stahl stating he PLAYTESYED a version of the first episode for this FE before he left Cryptic for Zynga; and I further recall that right after the sale to PWE was completed; the expected launch date for the series was November (and I understand why that got moved) - but my point?

Why do you need to obfuscate the fact that this FE was in the works before Season4 launched? Is this the level of 'up front and honest' EP to playerbase we can expect going forward?

It may seem like a small thing, but I just don't see the need to try and retcon the fact this FE series has been in the works for quite a while.
Well in STOKED 100 they were showing Bajor... and it looked hot.... so I would take "starting" at face value. I would think that if DStahl played it, that it was broken as all hell and was really incomplete. It probably feels no where near complete as a whole for him to say that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post

We've seen clips from these missions including the new Bajor ground map on STOked weeks ago.

It's odd to say they're just getting started on it when we've already seen at least one new map from it nearly a couple of months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I'll be interested to see what other ultra rare stuff comes out. It could be cool to see a bit of variety out in space.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-13-2011, 04:16 PM
That was very tone deaf to address the grab bag issue without any treatment of the underlying issues raised in the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy31 View Post
That was very tone deaf to address the grab bag issue without any treatment of the underlying issues raised in the forums.
...if by "underlying issues" you mean people making poor decisions and/or removing the blame from their own shoulders and squarely onto Cryptic's?
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
...if by "underlying issues" you mean people making poor decisions and/or removing the blame from their own shoulders and squarely onto Cryptic's?
Essentially, yes.