Lt. Commander
Heretic,

Are or aren't the success percentages suppose to change if you use a better DOFF is the assignment spot?
What I mean is that a purple DOFF would get a better percentage rate that a white DOFF...

I'm asking because with the assignment "Research Winter Cultural Celebrations of the Planet Earth" you need to use 3 Science DOFF's. There are no other traits listed, you just need to use any 3 Science DOFF's. The success percentage is the same no matter which science DOFF's you use. If you use 3 White DOFF's it is 56%, If you use 3 Green 56%, Blue 56%, Purple 56% ....

I don't think that should be correct, if it is why it there any difference between the DOFF colors beside the reward percentage. For this mission no matter what I do I cannot get a better success rate than 56% and I think this is wrong....

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
That mission might be designed around the idea that nothing impacts your chances at success--form the get-go.

Sometimes a white can do better than a purple in other assignments though (skills--both positive and negative can have a profound impact).
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
So far I have found if you have the right officer with one negative skill and one positive skill, so letts say the assignment calls for a security with resilient and honor but should not have aggressive, it isn't that detrimental. I slot a security with aggressive and no negative attribute my success was 80% if I slotted another security with aggressive and honor my success only fell to 78%
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
So far I have found if you have the right officer with one negative skill and one positive skill, so letts say the assignment calls for a security with resilient and honor but should not have aggressive, it isn't that detrimental. I slot a security with aggressive and no negative attribute my success was 80% if I slotted another security with aggressive and honor my success only fell to 78%
The thing is that these missions are not asking for skills, just departments. It just wants a Science officers, no traits are listed anywhere. You get the same percentage no matter how you mix it up, using white through purple nothing changes...... If you are just being asked for a "Science" DOFF with no other traits for bad or good, the percentage should change between a white or purple DOFF....
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Remember also that the more traits match up with the 'Critical Success' traits, the better your chances become of getting a blue/purple/whatever reward for that mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Two of the Xmas Missions are BUGGED and not working properly....

'Research the Winter Cultural Celebration of the Planet Earth' .

And the

'Test Effectiveness of Upgraded Thermal Outerwear'.

Neither of them have changing stats for success... and the odds for achieving a success is very low.
(even though they both have a 56% chance of success rate, I have after several tries 'Not Succeeded' on either of them.)

The two other Xmas ones that I have come across, 'Developing the Candy Cane MRE's' and the 'Host a Holiday Party for the Crew', are both working properly.

All of them except the Party one, give out the Xmas Favors (candles/beads/trinkets) on successes.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Add 'Snowball Fight' to the list of bugged DOFF missions. Stats didn't change at all no matter what DOFFs were assigned to it. Failed it, too, to the degree that one of my DOFFs ended up in sickbay.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Remember also that the more traits match up with the 'Critical Success' traits, the better your chances become of getting a blue/purple/whatever reward for that mission.
Again --- This is for when the mission is NOT asking for traits, they are just asking for Science, that is all. There are no traits to match and no matter which rarity DOFF you use the percentage does not change....

I believe that all things considered equal a Purple DOFF should increase a success rate more than a white DOFF, and that is the problem here......
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
Again --- This is for when the mission is NOT asking for traits, they are just asking for Science, that is all. There are no traits to match and no matter which rarity DOFF you use the percentage does not change....

I believe that all things considered equal a Purple DOFF should increase a success rate more than a white DOFF, and that is the problem here......
I think we need to get an answer as to whether or not these particular Assignments are supposed to have variable stats or not...

Since the other's mentioned do... it seems likely that this is a BUG of some sort or maybe just some missing code when they were placed on the Holo Shard.