Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-13-2011, 02:45 PM
All things considered, this seems like an extreme request and not one that I'd expect to be fulfilled.

Your stipend is based on your subscription status in THIS game. Why would you expect that they would give you credits based on your subscriptions in THIS game to purchase content in another game?

Furthermore, why would you give stipend points to people subscribing to Champions Online to come over here and purchase Star Trek Online items? Your Champions subscriptions never had anything to do with Star Trek Online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
[color="Wheat"]It seems to me that it would boost the subscription rates of both games (and give an extra incentive to F2Pers to subscribe) if the stipends were cross-game. That is if the C-Points were simply generic, like those that are normally purchased, and allowed purchases through the C-Store on either game.
The mail system and chat systems aren't systems which require continuous development and production resources to maintain, or to recover costs of past production which built those new items. They are simply infrastructure elements. And trying to link the games because of them doesn't make sense.

Way too much to ask. But good luck on your request anyway...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
Your Champions subscriptions never had anything to do with Star Trek Online.
That's not really accurate.

Cryptic promoted dual subscriptions and interest between CO and STO from the very beginning. You could buy STO Closed Beta Access from subscribing to CO. They also offered an "exclusive" where you got Mirror Universe Uniforms in STO if you bought a CO lifetime.

I'm a dual lifer because of the promotions which linked both of their products. It would be great if I could use C-Point stipends on either game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
That's not really accurate.

Cryptic promoted dual subscriptions and interest between CO and STO from the very beginning. You could buy STO Closed Beta Access from subscribing to CO. They also offered an "exclusive" where you got Mirror Universe Uniforms in STO if you bought a CO lifetime.

I'm a dual lifer because of the promotions which linked both of their products. It would be great if I could use C-Point stipends on either game.
I understand your point here, but surely you can see the difference between a one-time promotion of a new game that the company is building and a decision to permanently marry their currencies together?

The point is they want to promote both games now. To allow you to get points from one game and use in another defeats the purpose. They'd rather have you subscribing to both CO AND STO. If not, I highly doubt they'll reward anyone in that manner...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
I understand your point here, but surely you can see the difference between a one-time promotion of a new game that the company is building and a decision to permanently marry their currencies together?

The point is they want to promote both games now. To allow you to get points from one game and use in another defeats the purpose. They'd rather have you subscribing to both CO AND STO. If not, I highly doubt they'll reward anyone in that manner...
They are already married together. You can by C-Points and use them on either game. It's just stipends that cannot be used that way. I think of it as a reward for subscribing to multiple Cryptic products.

I see no problem with it as long as you're a gold member on multiple Cryptic games. The deal would get even sweeter when Neverwinter is released. Gold members across all 3 games could get 1200 CP month which is allowed to be freely spent on any of their products.

Sounds like a reason to subscribe to multiple games to me.

The real reason not to do it is to prevent customers from having more freedom and purchasing power with their stipends.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Nice idea...indifferent to the overall premise.

STO is the only 'MMO' currently playing and paying for.

There will be no other...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
They are already married together. You can by C-Points and use them on either game. It's just stipends that cannot be used that way. I think of it as a reward for subscribing to multiple Cryptic products.

I see no problem with it as long as you're a gold member on multiple Cryptic games. The deal would get even sweeter when Neverwinter is released. Gold members across all 3 games could get 1200 CP month which is allowed to be freely spent on any of their products.

Sounds like a reason to subscribe to multiple games to me.

The real reason not to do it is to prevent customers from having more freedom and purchasing power with their stipends.
Supposedly, the STO team doesn't get any funding until you spend it in their game because they don't get credit for the sale.

So they take hit on the balance sheet when you get a stipend and they don't balance out until you spend the stipend.

Cross game stipends would enable players to embezzle funds from one Cryptic Team to another.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Supposedly, the STO team doesn't get any funding until you spend it in their game because they don't get credit for the sale.

So they take hit on the balance sheet when you get a stipend and they don't balance out until you spend the stipend.

Cross game stipends would enable players to embezzle funds from one Cryptic Team to another.
Sounds like they need to handle stipend accounting differently across their games. As a customer, it doesn't matter to me how they account for what internally.

What matters is I'm rewarded for subscribing to multiple games and I have more freedom in spending those rewards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-13-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't understand why they are not cross game either. It would give me more incentive to play Champions if I could use my STO stipend there. On the whole I think having them linked would increase the number of people playing both games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Because if you're already subscribed to one game and you get that perk and you've also got an account on the other game... the potential of having two games where these points could be used means people will go through their stipend(s) faster than with just one game.
THIS.

However, I am pretty sure the reason it is broken up into two is for Billing and Accounting purposes by the companies to verify which is generating which income/expenditures.(Sorry was never the best at accounting).

- Lucky 13 X
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I don't understand why they are not cross game either. It would give me more incentive to play Champions if I could use my STO stipend there. On the whole I think having them linked would increase the number of people playing both games.
That's why it shouldn't happen.

For example: I am a LTS to STO, so i will be getting the Stipend for as long as it is offered or the game severs close down.
If I chose to take a long hiatis from STO, instead spending my stipend over at CO, that means that i most likely won't be purchasing CP to use there. I would be a playing and making purchases for free. Adding no more funds for CO but adding to their server strain... ie a bum
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.