Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
As far as I know all of the other tribbles cool down when your offline, so why is this one special? This one should cool down just like all the other tribbles ....

Please don't tell me it is because of the 5 dilithium......
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post

Please don't tell me it is because of the 5 dilithium......
Sadly that is probably precisely why they did it that way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2011, 06:08 AM
It only cools down while you are on the ground .... Come on guys! ... I had 20 minutes left whe I logged in and I went to Alpha Centuri, Deep Space Nine where a played a little dabo and bought some itmes with GPL and then I did an elite STF and I still have to wait for 9 more minutes, I've been on for about an hour .... This need to be fixed.....
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
I've been on for about an hour .... This need to be fixed.....
Don't really see why.

Anything that craps game currency needs to be limited, IMO. If you're expecting to come back once a week and find The Tribble That Laid The Golden Egg perched atop a room-high pile of GPL, then I'd say it's your *expectations* that need to be fixed, not the tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Don't really see why.

Anything that craps game currency needs to be limited, IMO. If you're expecting to come back once a week and find The Tribble That Laid The Golden Egg perched atop a room-high pile of GPL, then I'd say it's your *expectations* that need to be fixed, not the tribble.
^^This. It's only the dilithium pooping part that's on a cooldown. You can still fondle the furry blighter for the damage buffs whenever you feel like it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Don't really see why.

I'm not asking for it to do this automatically, every other tribble cools down even when you are offline.

Also the timer only counts down when you are in a ground map, it doesn't move if you are in your ship .... I played a few STF's after activating this and when I logged off last night it still had 35 minutes to go ....
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2011, 11:13 AM
i agree that it should at least cooldown while in space

sometimes the tribble buffs are visible in space. sometimes only on ground...

the Dev's seem to fix it and break it and fix it and break it so often that they don't even know anymore what the intention with these things was.

just like some Transwarp Powers only cooldown while in space.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Because the buffs only cooldown while in the game and they last an hour. I can understand why they do it, even if I don't agree with it. The week after they reduced the transwarp cooldown to 15 minutes, I had a character with 28 minutes left from the last time I logged in.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2011, 01:11 PM
They fixed an exploit with this tribble late last week. Before the fix, you could use it for 5 dil after every death. Some players were purposely dieing to clear the CD.

Only cooling on the ground while logged in, is probably a side effect of fixing this exploit asap. I expect they're working on a better fix.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2011, 01:12 PM
supposidly to fix an exploit. and the 5 dilithium an hour, even if it counted down offline would soooooooooo ruin thre profits