Lt. Commander
# 41
12-14-2011, 01:02 PM
This is definitely taking longer than expected! I'm going to guess that they've screwed something up so bad, that it's going to be down for quite a while. All I know is, my Dilithium and Cryptic Points all better be accounted for once this mess is fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-14-2011, 01:10 PM
im sorry but you guys are fools, if you think that there is a "problem" than more fool you...

there is no problem, Cryptic turned the dilithoum exchange off becasue they need to find a way to stop people from dumping all there dilithium onto one character.

untill that happens they will hide behind this so called "problem" and make you all think that somthing is really wrong.

just for those who didnt know how to do it.

sell dilithium for max - swap character - cancel the offer on your selected character you want the dilithium on.

do this 1-9 times a day depending on how much time/characters you have. and the 8k limit suddenly means nothing.

i hope this opens your eyes
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
im sorry but you guys are fools, if you think that there is a "problem" than more fool you...

there is no problem, Cryptic turned the dilithoum exchange off becasue they need to find a way to stop people from dumping all there dilithium onto one character.

untill that happens they will hide behind this so called "problem" and make you all think that somthing is really wrong.

just for those who didnt know how to do it.

sell dilithium for max - swap character - cancel the offer on your selected character you want the dilithium on.

do this 1-9 times a day depending on how much time/characters you have. and the 8k limit suddenly means nothing.

i hope this opens your eyes
If that's the problem, then they should of thought of that before releasing an unfinished idea. Sme goes for the skill tree. It's unfinished but they throw it in anyway. When they try and ruin the fun of playing, you have to expect people to find creative ways around being forced to grind excessively! Whether it's just broken or they just didn't think it through. It's a problem either way! If they didn't think it through well enough, thent he problem is one they should bre embarassed of!
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
If that's the problem, then they should of thought of that before releasing an unfinished idea. Sme goes for the skill tree. It's unfinished but they throw it in anyway. When they try and ruin the fun of playing, you have to expect people to find creative ways around being forced to grind excessively! Whether it's just broken or they just didn't think it through. It's a problem either way! If they didn't think it through well enough, thent he problem is one they should bre embarassed of!
yep, i just dont like it when they blame it on a unexsistant problem, when the REAL problem is right there in front of everyone to see. proof is all there. jsut thought people would like to know

i wonder if they will allow transfer of dilithium once its back on, we shall see

if they want the enforce this 8k a day then it wont, if not then why have a limit at all?

eitherway they cant make there mind up and its embarrsing for them
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Yeahthis actually works. It's not 100% bug free and done but it's far and way ahead of anythign Cryptic have done in that respect.

I'd say that was down to Heretic's tireless efforts in communicating with the testers and doing something about the issues raised. He's my dev-hero.
True there are some issues, but I don't believe theres been bugs so much as database oddities. Understandable with such large ranges of assignments, officers and other such things. Credit to Heretic, he should be very proud of this.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
yep, i just dont like it when they blame it on a unexsistant problem, when the REAL problem is right there in front of everyone to see. proof is all there. jsut thought people would like to know

i wonder if they will allow transfer of dilithium once its back on, we shall see

if they want the enforce this 8k a day then it wont, if not then why have a limit at all?

yeah... doesn't realy matter either way,
all the dilithium i grind is converted to C-Points as soon as the prices are down a bit,
and converted back to dilithium when the prices are high again
... and boom i got dilithium i can use wherever i want and maybe even made a bit of plus on the way

it's so easy that i wouldn't even bother changing it from how it works right now.
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
The Dilithium Exchange is back up and running again.

The cause of the outage was a rare timing bug that caused some internal data to become inconsistent. The fix involved fixing the timing bug and also repairing one order. Everything was repaired, no currency was lost and all orders were processed normally once the exchange came back up.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic

The cause of the outage was a rare timing bug that caused some internal data to become inconsistent. The fix involved fixing the timing bug and also repairing one order. Everything was repaired, no currency was lost and all orders were processed normally once the exchange came back up.
Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:

Oh look...another failed conspiracy theory. I know being wrong won't stop you next time, but whatever. No one, including Cryptic, really cares about your imaginary clever way to accomplish earning more dilithium on more characters. The limit was and continues to be 8000 per day per character. If they had wanted it to be per account they would have made it that way.

And has been discussed before, there is nothing wrong with using the dilithium exchange as an account wide dilithium bank since C-Points are account wide by definition. Well except for the possibility that the exchange may be unavailable sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic

Thanks for the regular updates and the quick resolution, guys!
I appreciate it!

... Oh yeah, In Your Face, Aeleys! :-D
Closed Thread